• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’ve got a shelving unit with all the shoes on it, mine are in their boxes if they came with them, or in Tricker’s boxes that my local shop was kind enough to give me for the rest. My partner professes to not have a shoe habit, but she has nearly as many as me - they’re just a lot smaller.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ikea Pax system ftw

20211202_230105.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone told me StC boxes are handmade or stuff.. didn't really care tho.
They sort of look like they’re made from recycled materials, which if they are I applaud them.

shoes83

Reaction score
In my quest to find a better fitting Galway, I had some invaluable help from Dennis at The Hand. Thanks, Dennis! :fonz:

Just received the below in Rosewood CC, 202 last, E-width and Ridgeway soles. They're size 11/11.5E and fit very well. Not snug, not loose like my 11.5/12E in the 82 last. So instead of messing around with the width, I went down a size for a better fit.

This means that I'm one of the few people (based on my long-time Styleforum and AAAC research) who need to go down a full size from my 12D U.S., instead of half a size. Bear in mind that in the 82 last, going down a full size would probably not work, or at least would be quite snug. But in the 202 it did (and TBD in the 72).

For my current 11.5 82, Dennis sent a lasted insole that I need to get used to, but seems to help as well.

I have a couple of other ideas in mind :devil:, but first will wear these beauties and see how that goes.

Attachments

• 20211202_161519.jpg
    20211202_161519.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 118
  • 20211202_161532.jpg
    20211202_161532.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 113

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
In my quest to find a better fitting Galway, I had some invaluable help from Dennis at The Hand. Thanks, Dennis! :fonz:

Just received the below in Rosewood CC, 202 last, E-width and Ridgeway soles. They're size 11/11.5E and fit very well. Not snug, not loose like my 11.5/12E in the 82 last. So instead of messing around with the width, I went down a size for a better fit.

This means that I'm one of the few people (based on my long-time Styleforum and AAAC research) who need to go down a full size from my 12D U.S., instead of half a size. Bear in mind that in the 82 last, going down a full size would probably not work, or at least would be quite snug. But in the 202 it did (and TBD in the 72).

For my current 11.5 82, Dennis sent a lasted insole that I need to get used to, but seems to help as well.

I have a couple of other ideas in mind :devil:, but first will wear these beauties and see how that goes.
Nice looking pair.

I go a full size down on all EG lasts.

downunderdoc

Reaction score

Looks great - Dennis is amazing

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Hi
Could anyone recommend boot trees for Galways?
Kind regards

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is a thread about EG footwear. But since you posted a picture with an atrocious hem, I really felt the urge to question; what the hell is going on here?! Toss the jeans or remake that hem because they look like absolute trash. Boots are lovely though

Dang, that’s a bit too aggressive don’t you think?

I’m almost certain George had his denim shortened and the tailor cut off the original chain stitch and sewed back on after making the length adjustment.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, that’s a bit too aggressive don’t you think?

I’m almost certain George had his denim shortened and the tailor cut off the original chain stitch and sewed back on after making the length adjustment.
I am pretty sure you are right. It still looks absolutely horrendous in my eyes. Like unwearable ugly. Why not go to a a shop that can do a proper hem on a pair of jeans. I mean clearly with George's collection of EG boots, he does not lack resources. If you care so much about how your shoes look, well at least take 10% of that effort and make your jeans look decent.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you are right. It still looks absolutely horrendous in my eyes. Like unwearable ugly. Why not go to a a shop that can do a proper hem on a pair of jeans. I mean clearly with George's collection of EG boots, he does not lack resources. If you care so much about how your shoes look, well at least take 10% of that effort and make your jeans look decent.

It's sprezzatura man, will become hotter than hell next Pitti. Mark my words.

Ken1036

Reaction score
The Galway has an unlined shaft, I think any shoe trees you'd use in your other pairs should be just fine as there is no need to support it.
I love EG trees.. the knob is so easy to lift, the brass accents handsome and the snugness super satisfying when you apply or remove the tree. Just a lovely experience for a lovely brand. That said, probably overpriced. Good to buy up when on sale or from retailers that include them.

P.S. Hey Edward Green management: bring back lasted trees and include them with every shoe. You have a reputation to keep. And make sure all your stitched lines are straight as f*ck. We notice such things. And figure out how to work with zug. And take polls of what your customers are lusting for and make them for your site. And put more pics on inta. And do more interviews. And check your site for bugs. And fire retail reps who are asses. And figure out how to keep the color around the eyelets that move inward on rosewood cc galways. And make all your employees wear EG and dress sharp (sneakers in your plant is a NO). And open a B&M in NY, LA, Chicago and Boston (Atlanta?). You’re so close to slipping and so close to surpassing Lobb. Do IT

Last edited:

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trees are usually included when you buy at their trunk shows...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads