• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think Burnt Pine might be a little closer to the old Dark Oak (bearing in mind that my older dark oak appears to be darker than @jischwar pair and... I've never handled burnt pine).

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Burnt Pine might be a little closer to the old Dark Oak (bearing in mind that my dark oak appears to be darker than @jischwar pair and... I've never handled burnt pine).
It still has more of an orange undertone if I'm not mistaken. @George Red don't you have the dark burnt pine and cc Galways from GF?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
oh is that right? my apologies, like I said, I'd not seen that color in real life but it seemed closer to your old doak pair... (which are lovely btw and I think I will wear mine tomorrow - thanks for the reminder ?)

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It still has more of an orange undertone if I'm not mistaken. @George Red don't you have the dark burnt pine and cc Galways from GF?
I do. I like the leather and the boot, overall, but I hate the fit. For some reason, they feel WAY too tight. I've worn them, like, three times. Will be selling them soon. From now on, it's exclusively 82 or 72 lasts for me, gents.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh is that right? my apologies, like I said, I'd not seen that color in real life but it seemed closer to your old doak pair... (which are lovely btw and I think I will wear mine tomorrow - thanks for the reminder ?)
Good idea! It's such a lovely boot

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My soul yearns for a 72 last Galway in willow Zug with veldt construction and a ridgeway sole.

Or an 82 last Galway in rosewood CC like the ones at Frans Boone but with the R2 sole.

In happy news, my extreme dark brown Zug Cranleigh boots have shipped.

behold (not my boot I don’t think but it’s THE boot nevertheless):

DD073981-CB8F-4852-90B4-B934BF624350.jpeg

I thieved that picture from @Sutefan and his IG. But he’s the man and came up with this awesome idea.

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My soul yearns for a 72 last Galway in willow Zug with veldt construction and a ridgeway sole.

Or an 82 last Galway in rosewood CC like the ones at Frans Boone but with the R2 sole.

In happy news, my extreme dark brown Zug Cranleigh boots have shipped.

behold (not my boot I don’t think but it’s THE boot nevertheless):

View attachment 1712073
I thieved that picture from @Sutefan’s IG. But he’s the man and came up with this awesome idea.
Saw that on Stefan’s account. Literally creamed myself.

Soixante

Reaction score

You mean this ??
75F60EFA-F18A-4B7C-A3F7-D43607123FC3.jpeg

It’s rather funny because it was a single MTO of mine (convincing EG to use Zug again is one tough task that only Stefan can carry) that I never thought would gain interest at all because it’s not some shell or fancy calf.. all credits to our savior lord Stefan for fighting in the realms.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean this ?? View attachment 1712250

It’s rather funny because it was a single MTO of mine (convincing EG to use Zug again is one tough task that only Stefan can carry) that I never thought would gain interest at all because it’s not some shell or fancy calf.. all credits to our savior lord Stefan for fighting in the realms.

Oh that's nice!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who here is interested in the Galway GMTO we've been discussing? If so, please let me know. We need a minimum of four participants to make it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads