• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha cettire got wiped clean of its EG JL stock prices were too good to be true compared to USA retail prices

Biogentic

Reaction score
Ahaha cettire got wiped clean of its EG JL stock prices were too good to be true compared to USA retail prices
actually I was first to saw the marked down price in cettire one day before they have a flash sales… I wasn’t keen to get more because wasn’t very trustful of cettire but just before I heard of the flash sales all my sizes were gone for jlp shoes.. just wonder those who ordered yesterday or today has already have their status fulfilled? Mine still showing unfulfilled

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually I was first to saw the marked down price in cettire one day before they have a flash sales… I wasn’t keen to get more because wasn’t very trustful of cettire but just before I heard of the flash sales all my sizes were gone for jlp shoes.. just wonder those who ordered yesterday or today has already have their status fulfilled? Mine still showing unfulfilled
That's very weird, I bought a pair of EGs three hours ago and it's already shipped... got the tracking number about 1 hour after I placed my order.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Erm… nvm will follow up with cettire why is it taking so long.. but I suspect it to be cancelled since cannot be yours got shipped but mine is unfulfilled.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Erm… nvm will follow up with cettire why is it taking so long.. but I suspect it to be cancelled since cannot be yours got shipped but mine is unfulfilled.
Ok scratch that, I just checked the tracking number. So apparently, shipment label created, but item not yet handed over to DHL Express. So will wait for it.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Ok scratch that, I just checked the tracking number. So apparently, shipment label created, but item not yet handed over to DHL Express. So will wait for it.
It should be fine, the shipment should be out from Catania… the status will change soon as I understand the store has the courier pickup quite fast

kalufsen

Reaction score
I got my notification from both Cettire and DHL and was just picked up, planned delivery Tuesday next week.

Btw, If the shoes are shipped from Italy, why do I have to pay taxes/duties if I am within the EU?

Last edited:

EricEric999

Reaction score
I got my notification from both Cettire and DHL and was just picked up, planned delivery Tuesday next week.

Btw, If the shoes are shipped from Italy, why do I have to pay taxes/duties if I am within the EU?
I also placed an order for EG from CRTTIRE, I have the same question hahaha,BTW,its good price.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Taxes, yes, you’ll pay Italian vat as I understand it. Duties, no, because you are in the EU.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Taxes, yes, you’ll pay Italian vat as I understand it. Duties, no, because you are in the EU.
Make sense - Just confused since they call it Taxes rather than VAT. Seems to be on point with current VAT rate in Italy. Ridiculous price!

EricEric999

Reaction score
Make sense - Just confused since they call it Taxes rather than VAT. Seems to be on point with current VAT rate in Italy. Ridiculous price!
I have checked that the tax depends on which country it will be sent,like send to German lower than send to sweden. I dont think its VAT rate in italy.

Last edited by a moderator:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VAT = ValueAddedTax :laugh:

E. coli

Reaction score

Having a pair of Chelseas (82 last) , I passed on the them and everything else EG was not my size so I picked up a pair of JL City II in museum brown. I purchased from Cettire last month and the LP Cashmere ball caps arrived with all tags and took just under a week to arrive in SCal. Was very happy as I "stole" those as well -good experience led me to share the sale here. I hope everyone who ordered has the same experience!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads