• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schipy

Reaction score
I was at the Edward Green sale in London last week and picked up some Shannon and Galway boots. I thought I would upload some images in case anyone was interested.

First is a pair in Dark brown Utah, on the 82 last.
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Schipy

Reaction score
Half price most of them.
Lovely! What were the prices like?
Less than half price most of them. Some things in odd styles or widths were cheaper. Unfortunately I have a wide fore foot with slim heel so tend to suffer from heel slippage with a lot of the shoes but I found a couple of pairs of the boots fit well.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, what are your experiences with London Grain? Softer than country calf? As soft as Utah?

Schipy

Reaction score
Do you know what the defect is? I understand there were issues with this production run (which I was meant to be part of)
I have looked over them and I can't see any defects although the stitching around the welt doesn't seem as clean as some of the other Galways I have. I will upload some photos later for comparison. The leather is also a lot stiffer but maybe it softens up once broken in. I have read the Russian calf is supposed to be quite durable so maybe there is a trade off.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping two, possibly three pairs and will be listing the other three to offset my shoe bill :cool:
Lol, that would make sense if all the shoes you listed were same / similar size. I smell a flipper.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping two, possibly three pairs and will be listing the other three to offset my shoe bill :cool:
Would have been better off just proxy'ing for the members here ?

Edit - don't see them anyway
Those Galway’s in RG are spectacular! As Jischwar mentioned, proxying would have guaranteed you a sale to me. I’d definitely have bitten if I knew these were available in my size. Of course to be fair, I know that adds a layer of risk for you as well.

Schipy

Reaction score
Here are some Galways in Rosewood Calf / Clove Suede 8.5 UK E 82 last with HAF sole.
These almost fit but I'm usually an 8 F on the 82 last so find these a bit long. I love the colors though even if I prefer the darker shades
IMG_1995.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG

Schipy

Reaction score
Those Galway’s in RG are spectacular! As Jischwar mentioned, proxying would have guaranteed you a sale to me. I’d definitely have bitten if I knew these were available in my size. Of course to be fair, I know that adds a layer of risk for you as well.
Unfortunately there were mostly just single sizes so you didn't have a lot of choice. You had to check what was available in your size \ last, then if it was something you liked try it on. Of course it would be hard to find a Galway, Shannon or Cranleigh boot I don't like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads