• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biogentic

Reaction score
For the EG Piccadilly in dark oak.. is it perfectly fine to wear with no show sock? Intend to wear it casual and btw the dark oak would best matches with what colour of pant? Eager to try out with my tobacco linen pant from wbill but it is still in the progress of commission

Biogentic

Reaction score
Will do.

Funny thing happened with my Belgravias though which is the reason for my visit tomorrow. The left shoe felt very tight compared to the right and upon closer inspection, it was also visibly smaller (on the toe mainly).

View attachment 1604425

EG took it in to assess and it seems like the left shoe was lasted too tightly so they're giving me a new pair. Very odd but hopefully the new pair would be okay. Great customer service as always though, replacement with no questions asked (even though they had metal toe taps installed already on the soles when I took them back).
I have been eyeing the Belgrevia but in suede... this will be my first tassel loafer does it look very different compared to penny when worn?

Braid

Reaction score
Considering a pair of the EG Piccadilly in dark oak antique calf as my first pair from EG. I was hoping to get some info on their versatility? Any photos would be much appreciated, I’m especially keen to know how well they go with more casual clothing eg jeans. Thank you
I think is a matter of personal taste. To me it looks a bit too formal for jeans but perfectly fine with any other kind of trousers. A polo or snuff suede would be better with jeans.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering a pair of the EG Piccadilly in dark oak antique calf as my first pair from EG. I was hoping to get some info on their versatility? Any photos would be much appreciated, I’m especially keen to know how well they go with more casual clothing eg jeans. Thank you
The Picadilly is very nice but I've always thought the Belgravia looks more casual. To me, the Picadilly looks sleeker, less playful due to the absence of tassels, which has made me avoid it for the same reason - that I'd wear a shoe like that with less formal outfits. Worth saying that it comes up higher on the instep than the Belgravia, so it covers more of your foot/shoes less sock.
I have been eyeing the Belgrevia but in suede... this will be my first tassel loafer does it look very different compared to penny when worn?
I snapped a photo - my Belgravias in DOAK vs an old Loake brown suede penny loafer.
IMG_5270.JPEG

I'd say a Belgravia in mink suede is a very solid, versatile option (even more so than the calf leather versions). As I said above, I personally prefer a tassel loafer these days, it looks a bit more fun to me.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I finally picked up my replacement Belgravias from EG after the faulty first pair. This new pair is slightly darker in colour but no lasting issues so I am happy - and spent all of last night giving it a nice shine. A few beauty shots below.

IMG_5252.JPEG

IMG_5257.JPEG
IMG_5260.JPEG
IMG_5267.JPEG
IMG_5269.JPEG

Biogentic

Reaction score
Your EG Belgrevia look so awesome. Gonna pickup a suede version if ever there is a chance.
aside from that I am not lucky.. sent my brand new EG Lulworth for repair but returned back with some other customer shoes..

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your EG Belgrevia look so awesome. Gonna pickup a suede version if ever there is a chance.
aside from that I am not lucky.. sent my brand new EG Lulworth for repair but returned back with some other customer shoes..
Sorry to hear that - did they make it right in the end?

The mink suede Belgravia is definitely gonna be my next loafer purchase to replace those tired Loakes.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that - did they make it right in the end?

The mink suede Belgravia is definitely gonna be my next loafer purchase to replace those tired Loakes.
I was pondering to purchase the Belgrevia in mink suede but it is gone in a matter of few hours.. EG will send DHL to pickup from me next week.. but I am not sure when they able to retrieve my loafer and sent it back to me.. so it will be another week or two if lucky to see my loafer again.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of a white suede loafer for casual wear
Is it particularly difficult to pair with tailored pant with cuff? Intend to wear with no show sock.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of a white suede loafer for casual wear
Is it particularly difficult to pair with tailored pant with cuff? Intend to wear with no show sock.

Depends on what kind of summer trousers you wear. It probably wont work with grey tropicals but would be perfect with seersucker or oxford cloth and maybe even khakis.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be accurate to say that a UK 10 in the C&J 325 last is a UK 10.5 in the EG 202 last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads