• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance, snap some pics. Would love to see how the shop is looking post-Covid reopening
Will do.

Funny thing happened with my Belgravias though which is the reason for my visit tomorrow. The left shoe felt very tight compared to the right and upon closer inspection, it was also visibly smaller (on the toe mainly).

1620142290001.png

EG took it in to assess and it seems like the left shoe was lasted too tightly so they're giving me a new pair. Very odd but hopefully the new pair would be okay. Great customer service as always though, replacement with no questions asked (even though they had metal toe taps installed already on the soles when I took them back).

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess how shoes fits is very individual.
I wear 8,5 UK in all my shoes across EG, StC, C&J, Bemer and our own Cavour shoes. And they all fit me comfortably. My Bemers are the best fit yet, but my EG Chelsea in mink 82 and my StC 633 on classic last probably gets the most wear..
YOU'RE THE CAVOUR GUY?! I have literally dropped a fortune on your store. Never change, please. Thank you.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will do.

Funny thing happened with my Belgravias though which is the reason for my visit tomorrow. The left shoe felt very tight compared to the right and upon closer inspection, it was also visibly smaller (on the toe mainly).

View attachment 1604425

EG took it in to assess and it seems like the left shoe was lasted too tightly so they're giving me a new pair. Very odd but hopefully the new pair would be okay. Great customer service as always though, replacement with no questions asked (even though they had metal toe taps installed already on the soles when I took them back).
They should be able to get that taken care of as well, just be sure to mention it

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending the EG Trunk show at Leffot this week?

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should be able to get that taken care of as well, just be sure to mention it
Yes, I always do it via them. I had one horror story with Tony's Heel Bar recently on my TLBs - so the only solution is to only ever buy EG now and have them do the metal taps. ?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YOU'RE THE CAVOUR GUY?! I have literally dropped a fortune on your store. Never change, please. Thank you.
And minutes after I typed this, I bought yet another pair of Dovers that I don't need nor have space for. When are you getting the DOAK/Mink Suede Galways back in stock, please? @kevinsvindland

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And minutes after I typed this, I bought yet another pair of Dovers that I don't need nor have space for. When are you getting the DOAK/Mink Suede Galways back in stock, please? @kevinsvindland

Thank you good Sir!

We'll make sure to put the same makeup for our FW order. But don't have any boots in the pipeline at the moment.

But as I am in fact, The Cavour Guy, I am sure I could get a hold of a pair for you if you need one before Sept/Oct..
Feel free to shoot me a DM. :)

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you good Sir!

We'll make sure to put the same makeup for our FW order. But don't have any boots in the pipeline at the moment.

But as I am in fact, The Cavour Guy, I am sure I could get a hold of a pair for you if you need one before Sept/Oct..
Feel free to shoot me a DM. :)
Done, my friend.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, makes sense. I'm going to the EG store tomorrow so will be able to try them on but 202 is about as bulky as I can go - have fairly narrow feet - which might exclude 64/72.
You’ll probably find the 72 has too much volume, but try the 64.

Either way, Galways go great with jeans, on any of the lasts.

turk malloy

Reaction score
I wanted to jump on the cavour bandwagon, so I snagged a pair of the black suede chelseas for 30% off.

Been looking for a black suede summer shoe for some time. Chelsea is maybe a funny fit for it, but I'll give it a shot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads