• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The redwood colors look amazing. How would one style / pair specific colour trousers with them?

The red-is tones work very well with denim.
An outfit may look like this: white oxford shirt, olive field jacket and japanese selvage jeans.

Dark grey flannel or tweed also comes to mind.

Edit: And maybe browns and beige for spring and summer suiting.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An outfit may look like this: white oxford shirt, olive field jacket and japanese selvage jeans.

Thank you for the styling tips. I'm torn between the country calf and calf options. I already have a walnut country calf and DOAK. Not sure which to purchase...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep - this ?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the styling tips. I'm torn between the country calf and calf options. I already have a walnut country calf and DOAK. Not sure which to purchase...
Isn't the Styleforum answer always both?!?

In all seriousness, you could make an argument for one or both and have them be for completely different use cases. Guess it really depends on climate where you are

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Redwood is fantastic, particularly if you already have a pair in CC.

Depending on your size, black is also great for the Dover. Perhaps not the most 'fun', but I find it very appealing and easy to wear.
The largest one we got a hold of here is 8,5UK, and a few pairs went out right away..
The 32 last also works very well with the Dover, but is not so commonly seen in Europe and the US.

large-45.jpg

large-47.jpg

large-46.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-Covid I split my time between tokyo, macau / hk / shanghai / beijing / shenzhen and nyc. So, a mix of seasons and climates lol.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Redwood is fantastic, particularly if you already have a pair in CC.

Depending on your size, black is also great for the Dover. Perhaps not the most 'fun', but I find it very appealing and easy to wear.
The largest one we got a hold of here is 8,5UK, and a few pairs went out right away..
The 32 last also works very well with the Dover, but is not so commonly seen in Europe and the US.

View attachment 1604349
View attachment 1604350
View attachment 1604351
Anything DOVER looks amazing to me. But yeah I swore to myself I would not buy any more black shoes. I simply have too many lol.
On another note, what's the difference between the 32 Last and 202/606? IIRC 606 and 202 only differed in the toe area right?

Biogentic

Reaction score
The Dover Black London grain is just half a size larger if not that is a real great deal for a Dover..

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anything DOVER looks amazing to me. But yeah I swore to myself I would not buy any more black shoes. I simply have too many lol.
On another note, what's the difference between the 32 Last and 202/606? IIRC 606 and 202 only differed in the toe area right?

The 32 is a little slimmer, and the toe is slightly longer. Compared to the 202/606 in the same size it will feel more snug.

Trying it on, I would opt for a half size up from 82 / 202 / 606.

This is the first time we stock the 32, so I dont have a ton of experience with it. I just saw some old pictures of it online, and taught it looked good.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I have an Edward Green Hove single monk strap in UK9/9.5 82E Last but that was an quite old model before EG change the moulding last from wood to resin. It fits me great but wonder do I still need to down half a size now if I will to get Edward green now in 82E?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 32 is a little slimmer, and the toe is slightly longer. Compared to the 202/606 in the same size it will feel more snug.

Trying it on, I would opt for a half size up from 82 / 202 / 606.

This is the first time we stock the 32, so I dont have a ton of experience with it. I just saw some old pictures of it online, and taught it looked good.
It's also not as anatomical as 202 or 606 i.e. it's straighter. Here is a comparison 202 vs. 32
20201117_115350.jpg

606 vs 32
20210119_135802.jpg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have an Edward Green Hove single monk strap in UK9/9.5 82E Last but that was an quite old model before EG change the moulding last from wood to resin. It fits me great but wonder do I still need to down half a size now if I will to get Edward green now in 82E?

Having only worked with EG for the past 4 years, I never owned a pair made on the old wooden lasts. I am sure somebody on her may have better advice from their experience, than I can provide regarding this.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the whole resin vs. wood situation at EG. What I do know is that all of my EG shoes are half a size up from C&J, Alfred Sargent, Cheaney, John Lobb. Ultimately, the EG shoes still fit more comfortably and more snug in the right places than all the others I mentioned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads