• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
For anyone looking to get Edward Green shoes in the United States, I highly recommend purchasing EG products from Steve Yoo (@steveyoo1983) over at Gentlemen's Footwear.
In March 2021, I searched high and low for the perfect split toe derby. I did my research, looked at a bunch of different makers and their split toe derby models, but I just kept coming back to the Edward Green Dover models. I was not drawn to Edward Green because of its marketing that it makes the best shoes "without compromise" but rather the lasts that they offer. I care a lot about how shoes look as much as their quality and how they fit, of course.
Don't get me wrong, the $1,600 price tag for admission is pretty high for anybody who is 'rational' with their spending. Other makers from Sons of Henrey to Carmina and even Cobbler Union offer a similar looking model but none of them visually stood out to me like the EG Dover did throughout my research. I tried as best as I could to be objective with my search by viewing non-company photographs on Imgur, Reddit, SF, Google search images, etc. because sometimes how a company photographs its shoes can impact one's purchasing decision. Or maybe just my own?
So, I actually found out about Gentlemen's Footwear through Reddit and here on SF. I first messaged Steve and he offered to speak on the phone with me about my sizing. He was very professional and also offered a lot of insight into the specific last I was inquiring about (606) and the Dover model. After some discussion about sizing and fitting, I decided to put my money where my mouth is and paid for the EG Dover in 606 last (dark oak antique calf with tapered double leather soles). Total cost was $1,600. There was no sales tax and EG shoe trees were included in the price. Shipping was free too but don't expect to get Amazon Prime speed shipping (I'm just saying this because I know a lot of us who WFH have probably become accustomed to one-two day shipping for essential goods and even same day shipping with groceries. Also, some retailers overseas like Cavour can get their items to you in two days flat so... yeah.). I don't remember how long it took for me to get the shoes but I think it was reasonable (probably less than a week if I recall correctly?). The shoes I believe were shipped with UPS Ground.
Needless to say, the shoes came very well packaged and I am very happy with them. They have a heft to them that my other shoes just don't have and I quite like that. Overall, I had a great shopping experience with Gentlemen's Footwear. I had several follow-up calls with Steve to inquire about other EG models and he displayed nothing but patience and understanding with my concerns on sizing and availability. Every interaction with Steve felt very personalized, comfortable and educational at times too. I don't know if I would have received this level of service in-person at a high-end department store or featured stockist / official EG store.
- Steve did not ask me to produce this write-up. It's my honest thoughts about my experience dealing with him at GF.
- After my first purchase with Steve, I proceeded to buy two more EG shoes from him. I will most likely go to him directly for all of my future EG purchases.
- Will post pictures later.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone looking to get Edward Green shoes in the United States, I highly recommend purchasing EG products from Steve Yoo (@steveyoo1983) over at Gentlemen's Footwear.
In March 2021, I searched high and low for the perfect split toe derby. I did my research, looked at a bunch of different makers and their split toe derby models, but I just kept coming back to the Edward Green Dover models. I was not drawn to Edward Green because of its marketing that it makes the best shoes "without compromise" but rather the lasts that they offer. I care a lot about how shoes look as much as their quality and how they fit, of course.
Don't get me wrong, the $1,600 price tag for admission is pretty high for anybody who is 'rational' with their spending. Other makers from Sons of Henrey to Carmina and even Cobbler Union offer a similar looking model but none of them visually stood out to me like the EG Dover did throughout my research. I tried as best as I could to be objective with my search by viewing non-company photographs on Imgur, Reddit, SF, Google search images, etc. because sometimes how a company photographs its shoes can impact one's purchasing decision. Or maybe just my own?
So, I actually found out about Gentlemen's Footwear through Reddit and here on SF. I first messaged Steve and he offered to speak on the phone with me about my sizing. He was very professional and also offered a lot of insight into the specific last I was inquiring about (606) and the Dover model. After some discussion about sizing and fitting, I decided to put my money where my mouth is and paid for the EG Dover in 606 last (dark oak antique calf with tapered double leather soles). Total cost was $1,600. There was no sales tax and EG shoe trees were included in the price. Shipping was free too but don't expect to get Amazon Prime speed shipping (I'm just saying this because I know a lot of us who WFH have probably become accustomed to one-two day shipping for essential goods and even same day shipping with groceries. Also, some retailers overseas like Cavour can get their items to you in two days flat so... yeah.). I don't remember how long it took for me to get the shoes but I think it was reasonable (probably less than a week if I recall correctly?). The shoes I believe were shipped with UPS Ground.
Needless to say, the shoes came very well packaged and I am very happy with them. They have a heft to them that my other shoes just don't have and I quite like that. Overall, I had a great shopping experience with Gentlemen's Footwear. I had several follow-up calls with Steve to inquire about other EG models and he displayed nothing but patience and understanding with my concerns on sizing and availability. Every interaction with Steve felt very personalized, comfortable and educational at times too. I don't know if I would have received this level of service in-person at a high-end department store or featured stockist / official EG store.
- Steve did not ask me to produce this write-up. It's my honest thoughts about my experience dealing with him at GF.
- After my first purchase with Steve, I proceeded to buy two more EG shoes from him. I will most likely go to him directly for all of my future EG purchases.
Thank you very much!
Hope you enjoy your 3 pairs of beautiful EG in great health!

sforum1

Reaction score
3 pairs in 2 months, 4K on 3 pairs of shoes, yes that does sound like someone who's rational with their spending. I wish you stopped kidding yourself. There is no good that can come from that. None.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 pairs in 2 months, 4K on 3 pairs of shoes, yes that does sound like someone who's rational with their spending. I wish you stopped kidding yourself. There is no good that can come from that. None.
Nowhere in the post did he claim to be rational with his spending. Congrats, you’re an asshole AND you can’t read.

sforum1

Reaction score
Nowhere in the post did he claim to be rational with his spending. Congrats, you’re an asshole AND you can’t read.
He absolutely did, either he wants to be or he tries to be or he thinks he is, or at the very minimum he knows he should be.You learn how to read.

I know the truth hurts. If one thinks spending 4K is irresponsible they should face it and clearly acknowledge it and that's the first step for doing something about it.

You can spend 10K on a pair if you want, what do I care, but what's the point of even mentioning 'rational spending'? And if that does not refer to your situation, whose situation does it refer to, mine? I am not the one who spent the 10K on a pair of shoes that could easily cost me $300 while being just as good. Makes no sense.

If that makes me an ahole, ok. Quite honestly, though, I think he should be thanking me.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He absolutely did, either he wants to be or he tries to be or he thinks he is, or at the very minimum he knows he should be.You learn how to read.

I know the truth hurts. If one thinks spending 4K is irresponsible they should face it and clearly acknowledge it and that's the first step for doing something about it.
86F742A2-9AD4-457C-B7E7-13E33EBC8AC1.gif

He acknowledged that WERE someone a “rational” person reading his post, the idea of spending 1600 on shoes MIGHT seem crazy. The implication is that he, in fact, is not a “rational” person and didn’t find it crazy.

To further address your additional thoughts, someone need not be “irresponsible” to spend $1,600 on a pair of shoes for it to not be the “rational” decision. You could have plenty of money and determine that there was another product at a lower price but for some reason you prefer the more expensive. Thank you for taking the time to attend Remedial Reading Comprehension 101.

sforum1

Reaction score
View attachment 1596012
He acknowledged that WERE someone a “rational” person reading his post, the idea of spending 1600 on shoes MIGHT seem crazy. The implication is that he, in fact, is not a “rational” person and didn’t find it crazy.

To further address your additional thoughts, someone need not be “irresponsible” to spend $1,600 on a pair of shoes for it to not be the “rational” decision. You could have plenty of money and determine that there was another product at a lower price but for some reason you prefer the more expensive. Thank you for taking the time to attend Remedial Reading Comprehension 101.
lol

Ok, this is what he said according to you:

"Hey guys, I just spent 4K on shoes and they are great. I know it's irrational to most of you but not to me. That's because I have way more money than every and each one of you and money does not matter to me or because I have absolutely no judgment and zero responsibility, unlike you, and I would not know rational if I saw it in front of me."

In the meantime, he is saying all that to all the SF shoe freaks.

It's funny that you think you should be teaching comprehension skills. Your c. skills my friend are stuck at first grade when you got a 10/10 and you let that get to your head.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

Ok, this is what he said according to you:

"Hey guys, I just spent 4K on shoes and they are great. I know it's irrational to most of you but not to me. That's because I have way more money than every and each one of you or because I have absolutely no judgment and zero responsibility, unlike you, and I would not know rational if I saw it."

In the meantime, he is saying all that to all the SF shoe freaks.

It's funny that you think you should be teaching comprehension skills. Your c. skills my friend are stuck at first grade when you got a 10/10.
You’re too dumb to even argue with. Don’t you have a hole to crawl back into before deciding it’s time to pop back up and judge someone else without adding anything of value?

sforum1

Reaction score
You’re too dumb to even argue with. Don’t you have a hole to crawl back into before deciding it’s time to pop back up and judge someone else without adding anything of value?
I'm now very sure you got a 10/10 at some point in first grade, or it could be a 0/10 all along. It's one or the other, can't be anything in between.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Dude why are you here... this is the Edward green forum so people here are buying Edward Greens which are expensive. Why are you trolling

@sforum1

You can spend 10K on a pair if you want, what do I care, but what's the point of even mentioning 'rational spending'? And if that does not refer to your situation, whose situation does it refer to, mine? I am not the one who spent the 10K on a pair of shoes that could easily cost me $300 while being just as good. Makes no sense.

If that makes me an ahole, ok. Quite honestly, though, I think he should be thanking me.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm now very sure you got a 10/10 at some point in first grade, or it could be a 0/10 all along. It's one or the other, can't be anything in between.
Your member name should be "most obnoxious sforum1 member" Fellow members use your block option. Life is to short to put up with his BULLSHIT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads