• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Incotex. I can’t remember what the range is called, but they are slightly lower rise and a bit more casual than their main range. These are in a fairly heavy weight cotton.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galway Monday.
97EB9703-20CD-4AEC-836F-5BDE8723B67C.jpeg

Biogentic

Reaction score
I have a pair from years ago when @SpooPoker pointed out a pair on closeout at ralphlauren.com . They are basically a winter spectator shoe, and in the 888 last, they have a fairly chiseled profile, albeit more so with RL who got them in D width versus BB in E. My pair's dark oak is pretty... Dark, so the whole shoe resolves to a more dark than mid brown. I wouldn't wear them wit jeans or unstructured Boglioli sport coats, but I do with more tailored looks.

They do tend to get some attention, but I don't think as much as a white + dark spectator shoe would. I don't think they are really that much more attention grabbing than say GG/AS cherry or Carmina ruby shell

My feet skew narrow, so I am really happy with Spoo putting me onto a pair years ago in D width. If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be struggling mightily with buying a pair now, if he had a 10.5 uk
Yup I intend to wear the harrogate (dark oak+Mink suede) with tailored cuff pant but I am unsure this is best with wool pant? Cotten pant? Linen Pant? What are some of the colour pants that best matches with this correspondent shoe? First time wearing such two tone shoes therefore wouldn’t want to grab too much attention.. therefore would like to ask what do you all normally wear such shoes for?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pondering on an EG Harrogate in mink suede and dark oak... is this more suitable for casual setting? What would you all wear it with? Just find it strange or weird with the suede and calf combination

I’m not a fan. Mixed materials look better with a boot. For one thing, a boot is a larger canvas and there is a clear delineation between the shaft of the boot and the lowers.

The example above comes off as disjointed. I like the shoe. I like dark oak. I LOVE mink suede! I just don’t like them combined as shown.

mockingboy

Reaction score
If you have to ask a question so broad about what to wear with a certain shoe, save your money and buy something different.

A shoe like that in most people’s style will look out of place...many many other better options...

Yup I intend to wear the harrogate (dark oak+Mink suede) with tailored cuff pant but I am unsure this is best with wool pant? Cotten pant? Linen Pant? What are some of the colour pants that best matches with this correspondent shoe? First time wearing such two tone shoes therefore wouldn’t want to grab too much attention.. therefore would like to ask what do you all normally wear such shoes for?

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not a fan. Mixed materials look better with a boot. For one thing, a boot is a larger canvas and there is a clear delineation between the shaft of the boot and the lowers.

The example above comes off as disjointed. I like the shoe. I like dark oak. I LOVE mink suede! I just don’t like them combined as shown.
Larger canvas, yes. Obstructed canvas, yes. Immaterial argument, yes(imo).

Biogentic

Reaction score

sure.. looks like I have to exchange with someone for other pair with UK9/9.5 E. Nevertheless thanks for everyone feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads