• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sforum1

Reaction score
I don’t mean to step out of line here. I really don’t. But, if you’re 24, brother - you don’t need Edward Green. You need to save and invest. I picked up my first pair of EG at the age of 32. Fast forward three years and I have many more, and buying them hasn’t hurt. Not one bit.

Now, if I would have bought a single pair of EG when I was 24, I would have been begging for change on a sidewalk or racking up credit card debt. There are SO many brands you can purchase that will last you a long time, look great, and not cripple you financially.

P.S.: If your daddy’s loaded, or if your have an onlyfans, disregard all of what I just said and buy whatever the **** you want.
What do you need EG shoes for at the age of 32? How about saving to buy a house or something?

Ever heard of Meermin?

hkoldguy

Reaction score
Unfortunately their London/Birmingham stores here are a significant distance away by plane for me (I'm from Scotland).
Well I think you will be able to enjoy free return without too much hassles locally, probably just try with the normal size you get and see where that gets you. You might also wanna get a tight fit shoes and break it in rather than getting a loose fit shoes that feel comfortable. My first pair of EG was size 10 but as I learnt more and enjoy a better fitted shoes (with better leather creasing), I am now a size 9.

regarding the age when you get your EG, since they will last many years to come, I don’t see why you shouldn’t get a pair when you can afford them.

sforum1

Reaction score
Are EG tin-Wax rebranded Boot black as well?
I think they are. To be honest, I was using some of the BB creams and they ruined the finish of my shoes. I was always using Saphir up until I got a tin of BB cream for free and decided to try it. Will never use it again. And I see no reason to try anything else since I'm super happy with Saphir.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you need EG shoes for at the age of 32? How about saving to buy a house or something?

Ever heard of Meermin?
I bought one for your mom already.

sforum1

Reaction score
I bought one for your mom already.
if I were you I'd be more worried about saving to buy that house so that my mom can come over and stay with me once in a while, not buy shoes for everyone else's mom.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I wear you I'd be more worried about saving to buy that house so that my mom can come over and stay with me once in a while, not buy shoes for the moms of others.
I am certain that sounded better in your head.
837DFEB9-204B-4F51-A4EA-BE9B64FE87F7.gif

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
please tell me it isn't spreading from the carmina thread, lol

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m 3, bought my first car; parked in my first garage; replaced my first tyres (burnouts are merciless); bought my first dice; and then, and only then, thought about shoes....

Biogentic

Reaction score
Pondering on an EG Harrogate in mink suede and dark oak... is this more suitable for casual setting? What would you all wear it with? Just find it strange or weird with the suede and calf combination

Attachments

• 451E2A18-6F88-486A-B5A9-E81EA74E6DC7.jpeg
    451E2A18-6F88-486A-B5A9-E81EA74E6DC7.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 40

sforum1

Reaction score
Bought my first EG pair when I was 13. My first JL pair a couple of months later. But bear in mind that I had made my first million when I was 6.5.

I remember I took the same size as my Converse and it was spot on.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the people outside the U.K. - retail is closed except for essentials and internet sales, he can’t try a pair on.

I’d buy the same as your Church’s and then return and size up if you have to. They will be a little more snug but it shouldn’t be as much as half a size.

I’m 45 and own my own house, does that mean I can have as many pairs as I want?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
To the people outside the U.K. - retail is closed except for essentials and internet sales, he can’t try a pair on.

I’d buy the same as your Church’s and then return and size up if you have to. They will be a little more snug but it shouldn’t be as much as half a size.

I’m 45 and own my own house, does that mean I can have as many pairs as I want?
There is a formula for that. It's the number of bedrooms-th root of the number of non ensuite bathrooms divided by the LVR of any loans over the property to the power of the percentage of life you have left based on a secret actuarial table.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads