• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about that EG loafer hate upthread. Piccadilly in doak works pretty damn well for me.

View attachment 1562581
Ok. I feel like I have to clarify two points:

A) Those loafers are gorgeous. EG makes BEAUTIFUL loafers. They’re amazing to look at.

B) The 137 and 184 loafer lasts should fit fine UNLESS... you have a high or above-average height instep, a wider foot, wide toe-spread, a medium to wide heel, or any sort of feet that have high volume. If that’s the case, if you fall in any of these categories, you will suffer greatly.

Last edited:

Tamago

Reaction score
Happy Friday guys.
0528EDFD-3086-48DE-A4AE-AC789BB84E4D.jpeg

CWL317

Reaction score
Hello?
Is it normal for EG shoes to be tight when new? I wear 7E and every other brand fits me comfortably in that size but my factory-new EG in 7E are v tight and it’s a struggle to put them on even with shoehorn. However when I tried on a display pair of 7E for size in the shop (in a different shoe but same last), it seemed to fit fairly easily. Should it loosen with wear?

Alex B

Reaction score
Hello?
Is it normal for EG shoes to be tight when new? I wear 7E and every other brand fits me comfortably in that size but my factory-new EG in 7E are v tight and it’s a struggle to put them on even with shoehorn. However when I tried on a display pair of 7E for size in the shop (in a different shoe but same last), it seemed to fit fairly easily. Should it loosen with wear?
In my experience, it definitely does - loosen and soften. Especially I like tight-fitting shoes.

CWL317

Reaction score
In my experience, it definitely does - loosen and soften. Especially I like tight-fitting shoes.
Thanks Alex. How long does it take typically to break them in? I’m trying to wear them an hour or two indoors daily.

Alex B

Reaction score
Thanks Alex. How long does it take typically to break them in? I’m trying to wear them an hour or two indoors daily.
My Sloane loafers broke in really quickly. I only wore them for a day in my office. But my dover with dainite sole, they broke in for 3 days.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They will loosen. I went through the same thing a few months ago with my first pair of EG's. They downright hurt my feet for the first two full day wears. After about wear three, they got better. Now the fit like a glove and are probably my most comfortable fitting shoes. Best of luck!

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Hello?

If you wear UK 7E in other shoe brands like C&J, John Lobbs then the appropriate size for Edward Greens is UK 7.5E. That may be part of the fit issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads