• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival from Cavour: 82 DOAK / Mink Galway.

Unfortunately they are too small in 8UK.
My 606 8.5 Dover are really comfortable with good support but I thought maybe I could do with 8UK as well. (8.5UK was sold out already...).

Otherwise, they are mind-blowing.
Dark oak is a beautiful color.
The Mink suede is so rich and supple (really good for a shaft).

View attachment 1539403
View attachment 1539404
That's unfortunate re the fit. It's a great boot for sure.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My 606 8.5 Dover are really comfortable with good support but I thought maybe I could do with 8UK as well. (8.5UK was sold out already...).

View attachment 1539403
View attachment 1539404
If they are too small for you, then send them to me! ?

Its a shame they don’t fit you, but in my experience 606 has a bit more room in the same size than 82, let alone a size down.

Lovely boots though.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
That's a bummer, sorry to hear that!!

I'm the same size as you. I had tried (sadly don't own) on a 606 dover in 8.5UK and they were just perfect. I have 2 pairs of 82 Galways in 9Uk and i couldn't imagine going with a 8.5UK in them.

View attachment 1539403
View attachment 1539404

Nico

Reaction score
I really wanted to love these mink suede Canterbury on the 202 last. I grabbed them during the current sale but my heels slip significantly when walking.

Anything I can do about it? Of course it'd be easier to just go to the store when it reopens and try different lasts and sizes but at this price it was a decent deal.

Shoes.jpg

Ken1036

Reaction score
I really wanted to love these mink suede Canterbury on the 202 last. I grabbed them during the current sale but my heels slip significantly when walking.

Anything I can do about it? Of course it'd be easier to just go to the store when it reopens and try different lasts and sizes but at this price it was a decent deal.

View attachment 1540132

Heel grip liner maybe? I have no experience with them, but maybe they work? I've also read that one thing a person can do to help reduce heel slip is to be sure your heel is pushed all the way back in the shoe before you tie the laces.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 5.08.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 5.08.46 PM.png
    901.1 KB · Views: 114

CWL317

Reaction score
I read somewhere that EG can do full insocks rather than the usual half insocks... do they sell them? As I’d prefer full ones to help protect the insole.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my (sometimes controversial) experience, heel slip is often a sign of a shoe that's slightly too short in length. Specifically where the flex point of your foot is a little bit in front of the flex point of the shoe.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided against selling my 915 Chelseas and thought I should put them on again today in an attempt to convince myself they fit me well enough. After putting on some tongue pads and heel grips, seems like they fit okay on the heel and instep which were the two issues I had.

My joy was short-lived - the flex point on the vamp absolutely mangled my little toe. This has happened before with the shoes but not to such an extent, and certainly nothing like breaking in any other shoes. I've worn them about 5-6 times now, admittedly for short periods of time, so they're probably not completely broken in yet.

Do you guys think this might get better with wear or I should give up and let them go (given this issue is in addition to the less than ideal fit on the heel and instep)?

Last edited:

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So pretty except I personally like round laces better. Why'd EG think flat laces looked better on this last versus the 82 / 202?

Thanks. I think EG just want to differentiate it more against the 82 last. If you read the description of the 915 last they write things like "a modern, yet timeless look..." I must have looked at the photos and read the description 3 times over to try to understand the difference. There's just a slight tapering on the toe shape compared to 82 that you almost can't tell from far away especially on black.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Thanks. I think EG just want to differentiate it more against the 82 last. If you read the description of the 915 last they write things like "a modern, yet timeless look..." I must have looked at the photos and read the description 3 times over to try to understand the difference. There's just a slight tapering on the toe shape compared to 82 that you almost can't tell from far away especially on black.
I think the distinguishing trait is the more pronounced sidewall at the toe extending through the side of the vamp. It's a bit more continental I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads