• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me I think a galway on the 606 in delapre with a utah shaft and a vibram eton sole would be a solid combo- Maybe dark brown or navy? Seems like it could straddle the not too formal but has some shape and could be dressed up or down. Think I've seen a decent number of Vass valways on the U last so it can work.

Yeah those same colored smooth and grained combos work really well. But, Covid has pretty much removed any reason for me to dress things up (now fully WFH), so I'm after something a bit more casual overall. Do you think the chisel "disqualifies" the more casual contrasting makeups?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah those same colored smooth and grained combos work really well. But, Covid has pretty much removed any reason for me to dress things up (now fully WFH), so I'm after something a bit more casual overall. Do you think the chisel "disqualifies" the more casual contrasting makeups?
I kinda figure at this point I'm buying things for when I'm back in the office next fall/winter. I'm a fan of chiseled boots in general and have chukkas and chelseas on chiseled lasts. The suede and grain are easier to do more casual for me, the smooth leathers I find myself only doing with tailored options. I want them to work with denim or chinos but I just can't bring myself to do it and find myself reaching for suede or grained or a more rounded toe option.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda figure at this point I'm buying things for when I'm back in the office next fall/winter. I'm a fan of chiseled boots in general and have chukkas and chelseas on chiseled lasts. The suede and grain are easier to do more casual for me, the smooth leathers I find myself only doing with tailored options. I want them to work with denim or chinos but I just can't bring myself to do it and find myself reaching for suede or grained or a more rounded toe option.

Hmm, interesting. While I do expect going back to the office next year too, it's still not a slack-wearing place.

I do have a few Galways (DOak/Walnut CC on 82, Mole Suede on 72, Edwardian Antique on 82), and I'm frankly just looking for an excuse for a chisel toed buy that'll suit my needs. Maybe I'm forcing something that isn't meant to be.

But then again, bronze + black CC in a chisel toe could be pretty awesome with jeans or chinos...right?!? (below in 82).

1607043419438.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. While I do expect going back to the office next year too, it's still not a slack-wearing place.

I do have a few Galways (DOak/Walnut CC on 82, Mole Suede on 72, Edwardian Antique on 82), and I'm frankly just looking for an excuse for a chisel toed buy that'll suit my needs. Maybe I'm forcing something that isn't meant to be.

But then again, bronze + black CC in a chisel toe could be pretty awesome with jeans or chinos...right?!? (below in 82).

View attachment 1509819
HAAAAAWT.

sforum1

Reaction score
It gives better turn in when I’m cornering.
Be careful out there. Once I was in my Cleverleys rocking back and forth and I came this close to going down the stairs. I have to say though that the center of gravity (CoG) on those is phenomenal; it's the twisted last that was the culprit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads