• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patekman

Reaction score
New arrivals!!!
Super happy with these
Thanks AB
6E44DBF1-4AE9-408B-82E0-CE0DF1FA7818.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried buying from them online but they require a TAX/VAT number, which I don’t have and don’t know how to get. Dumb.
Yeah, that is irritating. If you’re a very trusting sort of fella, most vendors will accept your passport # for that purpose.

Renton

Reaction score
New arrivals!!!
Super happy with these
Thanks AB View attachment 1479215

This is an ideal time to ask a question that's been bothering me. Does the Alderly or the Nevis come with a half bellows tongue? I know Galways do and it's one of the few pairs of boots where I haven't had an issue with the tongue sliding off to one side.

Renton

Reaction score
Sadly, Leffots doesn't carry any F or G width Edward Greens and Bergdorf-Goodman no longer carries EG shoes. Any other suggestions on retailers in the USA in NY or Chicago?

As someone who wears a 10/10.5 G in the 202, you will not find a retailer that stocks Edward Green shoes in a G width, believe me I've checked. The only way I was able to figure out my sizing was visit the closest EG retailer, George Bass in New Orleans. They traced and measured my foot and were able to get a pair of Chelseas in 10/10.5 G as a tester.

It's all been down the mto rabbit hole since then and my only deviation from the 202 last was trying the 61 last in 10/10/5 G at the suggestion of the sales rep at George Bass.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
This is an ideal time to ask a question that's been bothering me. Does the Alderly or the Nevis come with a half bellows tongue? I know Galways do and it's one of the few pairs of boots where I haven't had an issue with the tongue sliding off to one side.

Nevis does. Also the shaft is fully lined unlike the Galway.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who wears a 10/10.5 G in the 202, you will not find a retailer that stocks Edward Green shoes in a G width, believe me I've checked. The only way I was able to figure out my sizing was visit the closest EG retailer, George Bass in New Orleans. They traced and measured my foot and were able to get a pair of Chelseas in 10/10.5 G as a tester.

It's all been down the mto rabbit hole since then and my only deviation from the 202 last was trying the 61 last in 10/10/5 G at the suggestion of the sales rep at George Bass.

It’s usually something that will need to be made up to order. I doubt that retailers are going to pay for inventory that will be sitting around and hard to move.

CWL317

Reaction score
Just out of interest re above discussion, presumably there is an MTO surcharge if you want a shoe in a non-stock width? Because in my experience there is a surcharge if you want a shoe in a non-stock colour. The surcharge is £275, so you’ll have to add that to the cost.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG online store has excellent return policies and would likely have F/G width in stock. I’d just order directly from them.
I don’t think anyone in NY carries what you’re looking for.

Yeah, the problem is: I just really don't want to order a 1600 dollar pair of boots and have to return them.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the problem is: I just really don't want to order a 1600 dollar pair of boots and have to return them.

without somewhere to go to try them on or get fitted, if you really want a pair of EG boots, you’re out of luck.

You can contact EG directly. The EG online store basically shows you whats available at their Jermyn street shop. If you contact them directly they may be able to search their inventory and perhaps give you guidance on fit.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much more narrow is the 82 from the 202? The 202 is perfect for me and I’m afraid to buy the 82 online

Theae make me feel emotionally... erect. ?
Not a huge difference, but for me, with a wider forefoot, there's a noticeable difference. I like both, but if I had it pick one, it would be the 202. The balance is perfect!

Ken1036

Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, I'm in love with the 202. Plus, there's many to choose from with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads