• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TokenMao

Reaction score
You believe what you want to believe, I am only listing a couple RTW brands that include shoe trees.

Yeah and I appreciate you sharing that knowledge. Point of my post was that EG not including shoe trees isn't some strange out of place practice (wasn't trying to list every single shoemaker that includes trees as I don't know and can't be bothered to spend the time researching). I don't think selectively listing brands that do include shoe trees argues against the point any more than selectively listing brands that don't include trees argues for the point. For example, I wouldn't hold EG to the same standards or expectations as AM Aurum for fairly obvious reasons...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zonkey Boots, Stefano Bemer, Bontoni, Riccardo Bestetti, Corthay, Berluti (?), Anthony Cleverly, AM Aurum, GG Deco, ...
Zonkey doesn’t include trees, unless it’s MTO. You may be referring to a dealer. Given how over priced EG is IMO, they should.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overpriced, probably... but why am I saw drawn to them?!??
Because they’re beautiful..lol
Luxury that’s affordable is no longer a luxury - Nishant

?
This...a European friend of mind stated this perfectly. EG has over the years positioned themselves as a luxury item, this means purchases aren’t about reason, in the purchasers mind it’s about spoiling oneself.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Halifax.
784339DE-42BD-4C8F-902B-2994D5AE27AF.jpeg
B22D7FCB-0ADD-45F7-8C1E-E836C1089141.jpeg

Ken1036

Reaction score
I also think EG should include lasted trees with every shoe. It would make me like and respect the brand even more. I mean, if they have to, add the cost to the final price. I just don't want to have to do a lot of work to get trees for such lovely shoes... let it be there already and complete the package and experience of opening up the box. It would take everything to the next level. Just my opinion. I feel like many feel the same. Maybe we should email the company to gently pressure them to do it.

CWL317

Reaction score
well... regardless of trees I’m looking forward to my shoes which should be in by end November... They are Malvern 202 in edwardian antique... they will be my first EGs and I hope they will be worth it... :embar:
would welcome any opinions on the Malvern from existing owners...

sforum1

Reaction score
well... regardless of trees I’m looking forward to my shoes which should be in by end November... They are Malvern 202 in edwardian antique... they will be my first EGs and I hope they will be worth it... :embar:
why not 82 last?

michaelvl

Reaction score

I have owned various wingtip/brogued E.G.'s, a pair of Inverness, Harrogate's and Asquith on the 888 and a pair of Malvern's on the 202. The 202 Malvern is my current favourite E.G. wingtip by far. I have a pair in black on the 202 and I am very fond of them.
The only other E.G. wingtips that I am considering adding to my collection is a pair of Falkirk's on the 202, probably in burnt pine and on the B1 sole.

Here is something that comes close to what I have in mind, a 202 Falkirk in Hazel on HA/F soles.

DaAlSh

Reaction score
I have multiple pairs of Malverns in 202 and 88, in dark oak and chestnut antique (for summer). Absolute classics, wearable with almost everything, and the patina only gets better with age.

shoes83

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you're off to a good week.

Just wanted to share my first EGs, which I bought from another member of the forum. They're on the 888 last, and were made for Brooks Brothers.

Great leather and the last fits me well. I was a bit concerned given my high instep and that it would be too narrow, but they're actually quite comfortable and do not have any gaps or fit too tightly.

Based on what I've read, given where I'm at with the 888, I think the 202 last will be probably a bit wide for me.

I'm adding a few picutures below. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200921_142753.jpg
    20200921_142753.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200921_142800.jpg
    20200921_142800.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200921_142805.jpg
    20200921_142805.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200921_142811.jpg
    20200921_142811.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 67

dench127

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you're off to a good week.

Just wanted to share my first EGs, which I bought from another member of the forum. They're on the 888 last, and were made for Brooks Brothers.

Great leather and the last fits me well. I was a bit concerned given my high instep and that it would be too narrow, but they're actually quite comfortable and do not have any gaps or fit too tightly.

Based on what I've read, given where I'm at with the 888, I think the 202 last will be probably a bit wide for me.

I'm adding a few picutures below. Thanks!
Those look fabulous. It's too bad the current stock model of the Inverness is on the 82 last. I'm too stubborn to do an MTO just for it, but this is making me green with envy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads