• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tamyom

Reaction score
Hi, this is a cross post, sorry for that. I wonder if these markings found in a pair of military style boots could be a reference to Edward Green 58 last. Any advise on this? Thank you.

Boots.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Contemplating a galway purchase and I am not able to get sized currently on the 82 last at present. Hoping one of you might be able to field a rather specific sizing compare. My only other EGs are a pair of shanklins on the 202 and are a 9.5/10e. I love them but also very cognizant of the fact that they are unlined and chukkas and therefore probably suboptimal for comparing fitment with other EG lasts. I find that they fit well - perhaps a hair loose at the ball/toe although that is in part because I try not to wear excessively bulky socks since I don't want to stretch them.

Generally, I tend to veer a bit wide at the outer midfoot and have a high instep. Asymmetrical lasts tend to work a little better for me. In carmina, I tend to stick with the wider lasts (detroit, soller, and oscar -- which is actually average width IMO). I also recently purchased a pair on simpson +1/2 size, per normal, and they seem to fit very well even though I've yet to wear them. I'm in the 10D/E brannock range.

Any advice would be very much welcomed and appreciated.
Personally, I take the same size in all EG lasts whether lined or unlined. My unlined Shanklins are the same size as my 82 last Galways.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Personally, I take the same size in all EG lasts whether lined or unlined. My unlined Shanklins are the same size as my 82 last Galways.

Thank you, sir. That was my expectation as well. Based upon further research and a more careful assessment of the shanklin fit, I'm thinking the 82 should be OK.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. That was my expectation as well. Based upon further research and a more careful assessment of the shanklin fit, I'm thinking the 82 should be OK.
I'm in the same boat and find 202 more generous than 82, but not by enough to size down. Only last I size down 0.5 in is 72.

Major Roadrash

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve never posted in here before but I just found these today and wondered if those in here with much more knowledge than myself could offer me some information about what I have here.

For what it's worth...L'Uomo is probably the best menswear store in Montreal, maybe even in Canada. Been in business at least 25 years at the same location on Peel Street in downtown Montreal. They stock EG and many other top brands (Kiton, Lobb, Borrelli,etc...). I've treated myself a few times there. I think you can be confident that you got an amazing deal on a pair of authentic EGs originally sold by L'Uomo.

Major Roadrash

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve never posted in here before but I just found these today and wondered if those in here with much more knowledge than myself could offer me some information about what I have here.

I found these today at a thrift store for $18. The thing I know for sure is this guy needed some damn shoe trees.

View attachment 1436684 View attachment 1436685 View attachment 1436686 View attachment 1436687
For what it's worth...L'Uomo is probably the best menswear store in Montreal, maybe even in Canada. Been in business at least 25 years at the same location on Peel Street in downtown Montreal. They stock EG and many other top brands (Kiton, Lobb, Borrelli,etc...). I've treated myself a few times there. I think you can be confident that you got an amazing deal on a pair of authentic EGs originally sold by L'Uomo.

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking to fix a thread that came loose on the swans neck of my Chelsea. Will running a flame over it work or does the thread used in the shoe not contract from this? Any insight is much appreciated.
IMG_20200915_193134.jpg

Ken1036

Reaction score
I don't personally know, but maybe you can email EG the same question? They're pretty good at responding it you give them a few days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads