• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

puffy

Reaction score
@puffy and @patekman

well i personally like the 606 on the Dover best because i love the squarish last with the cheeks and for some reason the 606 always reminds me of a hamster..

the 32 is more uniform and more commonly found in the japanese market... 202 and 606 are more recent and I find the 202 is less cheeky when compared to the 606

therefore in terms of cheekiness 606 > 202 > 32
Does that mean the 606 has a lot of room for your feet to slip around? Do you have to size down in the 606?

patekman

Reaction score
Thanks...I am tossing up buying a pair of Dover’s in 32 but I am worried about the fit

puffy

Reaction score
I can recommend the 606.
It is a great fit.
I wear the same size in all EG
Cheers. Do you just grab the same size across all brands? I'm eyeing out a 606 Dover, but not sure if it's too risky buying without trying. I'm the same size across all JL and C&J lasts, no exception.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
same size for 32,606 and 202 for me

EG is typically half size up from your CJ

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers. Do you just grab the same size across all brands? I'm eyeing out a 606 Dover, but not sure if it's too risky buying without trying. I'm the same size across all JL and C&J lasts, no exception.
I wear same size in all EG lasts I own, which is a half size larger than CJ and JL. A few people do size the same though and I think that provides a tight fit out of the box.

puffy

Reaction score
Thanks. I think sizing up 0.5 to EG from JL, C&J etc seem to be the done thing. But also heard that go your usual size and when EG is broken in, you have a superb fit.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to list a pair of Gentlemen's Footwear Veldt Galway, Mahogany CC on Ridgeway 10UK.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Green will never be a good fit for a certain type of feet no matter what size or width you choose. Mine for example.

I wear a UK 9 in Crockett Jones, John Lobb, Church's, Trickers ........... However, when I go with the UK 9 E in Edward Green they are a bit short and tight. Also, when I put the shoe side by side with mentioned brands in the same size, the Edward Green is obviously shorter by just looking from the outside.

When I go with the half size up from the mentioned brands, the shoes end up being a lose fit with a bit of a heel slip.

michaelvl

Reaction score
Edward Green will never be a good fit for a certain type of feet no matter what size or width you choose. Mine for example.

I wear a UK 9 in Crockett Jones, John Lobb, Church's, Trickers ........... However, when I go with the UK 9 E in Edward Green they are a bit short and tight. Also, when I put the shoe side by side with mentioned brands in the same size, the Edward Green is obviously shorter by just looking from the outside.

When I go with the half size up from the mentioned brands, the shoes end up being a lose fit with a bit of a heel slip.

Have you ever tried on a UK 9.5D? In theory this might be able to solve your problem, because according to your post, a UK9E is too short, but I assume the width is fine, because you did not mention any issues pertaining to it.

So the next logical step would be to only size up 0.5 in length, but if you go UK9.5E you are also going up 0.5 in width compared to the 9E.

If however you go with a UK9.5D, in theory you will get a similar width to the UK9E, but get the 0.5 size increase in length you are looking for.

turk malloy

Reaction score
s7-1354868_alternate1

I just picked up this rlpl suit at deep discount so I'd have something to wear for summer events, but haven't ever worn a light suit like this before and am also colorblind. What color EGs would go best with this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads