• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallaig

Reaction score
No worries! You’re absolutely right. What’s funny is that the snuff looks quite dark only because the oyster suede is so light! It’s almost a light beige suede.
I have never seen the oyster suede in real life. It does look great.

Your picture made me go back and look at the contrast between Snuff and Mink suede.

IMG_0945 (1).jpeg

Jasonftw

Reaction score
I bought those same snuff suede 202s last week but they were a little dark and had too much of a red tone for me. Beautiful shoe though for sure.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foster and Son is doing a clearance of their old RTW (the ones manufactured by C&J and Edward Green)

Any idea if this is made by EG or otherwise?

Attachments

• B7FE5995-DEE1-443C-A6C6-7FAE4B02ED8B.png
    B7FE5995-DEE1-443C-A6C6-7FAE4B02ED8B.png
    123 KB · Views: 89
  • D2849E48-E6AD-4948-A2DB-E16057D8F763.png
    D2849E48-E6AD-4948-A2DB-E16057D8F763.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 93

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those actually clearance prices? Th e shoes above look like C&J.

turk malloy

Reaction score
Do they just take C&J and EG shoes and change the label? Some of those look like they are just straightforward EG stock models for roughly the same prices

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they just take C&J and EG shoes and change the label? Some of those look like they are just straightforward EG stock models for roughly the same prices

typically shoes made for a private label will be specific to that label. Think of it as a large MTO order. It may be something such as a specific color, material or sole or on a particular last. The same way you would place an individual MTO order. So your observation shouldn't come as a surprise.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at those F&S items. They don’t take PayPal, so I passed.
Not so weird to be honest. PayPal recently changed their policies. As a online retailer you get charged a substantial amount of fees. If the product is returned, you would previously have the fees refunded, but not anymore. I'd quit PayPal too.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
So about my first pair of Edward Green :cool:

Again, thanks for your help with sizing and choosing the right model for me.
I am so happy with my choice.

I hope you like the pictures =)

First, the box. Great moment. You can already feel the quality.
1 The box.jpg

Then, the unboxing. Looks amazing.
3 Unboxing.jpg

Out in the wild. They look gorgeous. Very nice dark brown with a strong grain.
5 Unboxed.jpg
5 Unboxed2.jpg

Getting ready, feeling the pressure.
6 Ready to wear.jpg

Amazing. They feel and look so great.
Lighter than expected, in a very good way because they still feel quite substantial.
The R2 sole is amazing. Thin, good grip and good with water.
7 First shot.jpg
7 First shot2.jpg

Funny comparing with what they replace.
8 What they replace.jpg

I am extremely happy with the shoes as they are. Amazing quality, amazing look and they fit really well.
Can't wait to get out whenever that might be.
Nevertheless, I spotted a few things and would like your opinion about them.

First, there is one spot that is not well finished as you can see. There is a thread that comes out and you can see a piece of leather that is not colored as the rest.
4 Default.jpg
4 Default2.jpg

Second, there is quite a difference in the shape of the sole at the front of the shoes.
On the first picture, you can see on the left that the shape of the sole is quite square-ish and that it goes out further from the shoes.
On the second picture, it is more rounded and I prefer it that way.
Honestly, this is quite noticeable and affects the overall shape or perceived shape of the shoes (at least from my point of view when wearing them)
4 Default3.jpg 4 Default4.jpg

Then, there is some color missing here.
4 Default5.jpg

On to the next pair :cool:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads