• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New 606 Unlined Dovers arrived today. Glad I went with the same sizing I use for 202 and 64 Galways. Even wearing thin socks they fit perfectly.

As I noted before, these came from @steveyoo1983 at Gentlemens Footwear. Great experience. Highly recommended.

View attachment 1361699

I was just thinking about buying both of these from Steve! Could you please post more pics? I’d love to see what they look like in real life (sometimes GFW pics are a bit too studio-ish). Thank you!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, need some advice here:
I'm interested in buying an Edward Green Dover in 606 last. What size should I pick? Carmina oxfords in UK 9, Rain last fit me pretty well.
Thanks!

should be same size as your Carmina’s

Iadbound

Reaction score
I was just thinking about buying both of these from Steve! Could you please post more pics? I’d love to see what they look like in real life (sometimes GFW pics are a bit too studio-ish). Thank you!
Just went with the unlined Dover in mink from Steve too. Arriving to today. I’ll take some pictures later today.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I am considering buying my first pair of Edward Green.
I have so many questions.
I planned to go to a shop but with the current situation, I will ask them here in the meantime =)

I hesitate between 2 different pairs.

First, a dark oak / mink suede Galway with the 82 last.
It's a gorgeous, it's classic and it's really appealing to me.
The extra comfort coming for the suede around the ankle compared to a country calf sounds really good to me as well.

Second, a Dover in country calf with a slim rubber sole.
A classic as well, comfortable and versatile to be my daily pair of shoes.
Not sure about which last? I really like the 82 last that I tried once on the Galway, it was so comfortable and felt really good for my feet but I see that most Dover are on the 202 or 606. Differences between those 2 lasts are difficult to tell apart in pictures.

I know I can't get wrong with either. So maybe I need to get both, I sure hope that one day I will =).
Maybe the Dover will get more wear time and should be first?

Otherwise, what do you guys think about the Shoreditch? It looks good online but I'm afraid it would be too formal.
I like a more rugged look like a grained Dover that can be used to dress down a suit just a little or that can go with a more relax pair of trousers. Anyone as experience of live pics of the Shoreditch in the brown london grain?

A few other questions:
- What is the difference between R1 and R2 soles?
- Did Edward Green raised the prices of its shoes in recent years? I had in mind that they costed roughly 1000€ a few years back.
- What is the current charge for MTO? Is there something like a document with all options and prices?
- I wear 8.5UK in Carmina with the INCA last and 8.5UK in Carlos Santos with the 341 last, what size should I take with EG?

Thank you so much for your help and the information I was already able to find in this forum.

lazym

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on black tassel loafers? I've been considering getting a pair, maybe in shell cordovan. During the week I mostly wear trouser/sport coat combinations with the occasional casual suit. @dieworkwear has a pretty good article about them here:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 100

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I am considering buying my first pair of Edward Green.
I have so many questions.
I planned to go to a shop but with the current situation, I will ask them here in the meantime =)

I hesitate between 2 different pairs.

First, a dark oak / mink suede Galway with the 82 last.
It's a gorgeous, it's classic and it's really appealing to me.
The extra comfort coming for the suede around the ankle compared to a country calf sounds really good to me as well.

Second, a Dover in country calf with a slim rubber sole.
A classic as well, comfortable and versatile to be my daily pair of shoes.
Not sure about which last? I really like the 82 last that I tried once on the Galway, it was so comfortable and felt really good for my feet but I see that most Dover are on the 202 or 606. Differences between those 2 lasts are difficult to tell apart in pictures.

I know I can't get wrong with either. So maybe I need to get both, I sure hope that one day I will =).
Maybe the Dover will get more wear time and should be first?

Otherwise, what do you guys think about the Shoreditch? It looks good online but I'm afraid it would be too formal.
I like a more rugged look like a grained Dover that can be used to dress down a suit just a little or that can go with a more relax pair of trousers. Anyone as experience of live pics of the Shoreditch in the brown london grain?

A few other questions:
- What is the difference between R1 and R2 soles?
- Did Edward Green raised the prices of its shoes in recent years? I had in mind that they costed roughly 1000€ a few years back.
- What is the current charge for MTO? Is there something like a document with all options and prices?
- I wear 8.5UK in Carmina with the INCA last and 8.5UK in Carlos Santos with the 341 last, what size should I take with EG?

I have 2 Galway boots both on the 82 last and love it! It’s a more tapered last and a bit easier to dress up.

The 606 is a bit more tapered as well although some don’t care for the square-ish toe (an optical illusion actually) but my preference as well.

To answer your questions:
1) both R1 & R2 are the thin rubber soles but the R2 has a leather midsole. I think R1 is better for loafers whereas the R2 is better for boots and derbies/Oxfords. There may be other technical differences but those are the most apparent.

2) There is a premium for MTO which is around $200. I’ve never done MTO straight from them so I’m not sure what the up-charge May be. Some retail partners will waive the up charge based on the number of orders or the particular customer. Typically EG will include the lasted shoe/boot trees with MTO.

3) it does appear as though, at least in USD, prices have gone up over the past few years.

4) can’t help you with fit...sorry. Please wait if you’re doing to do MTO until you can get fitted. It would be a costly mistake.

Iadbound

Reaction score

Here are some pictures of the Dover Mink Suede. Just arrived from Steve. Shoe trees not shown.

IMG_1286.jpg
IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 36

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with the “Duke” loafer?

If so thoughts? Pros and cons? Once all of this craziness is over I was thinking of getting a pair. I quite like the way they look online.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Iadbound

Reaction score
I can’t help but think these would have looked so bad ass with light brown soles and light brown laces. Am I wrong here?

Hard to tell. That might draw the eye away from the suede.

Just finished the suede conditioning and water proofing. Ready to wear now!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads