• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Can I ask size/fit question for Chelsea in 82 last? I assume that I should take UK7.5, but would like to get some advice beforehand.
I have C&J Audley in 337 last, but I'm having little heel slips in UK7E size. (While I don't have any heel slips for all other C&J shoes in UK7E) If anyone owns both C&J oxford in 337 last and EG oxford in 82 last, could you share with me about size/fit?

BomTrady

Reaction score
Second pair of EGs. Another pair of suede Galways, but this time in mink suede and on the 202 last. I must confess, while I like the rounded toe shape of the 202 last, the 82 last is a more contoured, tailored fit. I think I’ll stick to the 82 last from now on, despite its longer, pointier toe.

P.S.: 2-day shipping from London to the USA. Holy **** that’s impressive.
View attachment 1338910 View attachment 1338911 View attachment 1338912 View attachment 1338913
Those are gorgeous. I was faced with the same dilemma. I went for the Black Utah/delapre because I wanted to stay with the 82, but loved that mink 202. Did you get the same size as your 202 and do you find it significantly roomier? And I agree...I put the order in on Monday and they arrived at my place a few mins ago. Unlike many companies that claim to ship next day, EG actually ships next day. Being a frequent purchaser of Euro goods, I know that it's no easy task preparing forms for shipping to the US. I once had a suit stopped mid-customs because it had...get this....mohair in it and the customs agent didn't know how to classify it and made the shipper execute all new paper-work. In any event, those are beautiful and appear very dressy; more so than Utah leather. Thank you for sharing!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask size/fit question for Chelsea in 82 last? I assume that I should take UK7.5, but would like to get some advice beforehand.
I have C&J Audley in 337 last, but I'm having little heel slips in UK7E size. (While I don't have any heel slips for all other C&J shoes in UK7E) If anyone owns both C&J oxford in 337 last and EG oxford in 82 last, could you share with me about size/fit?

I also have the Audley, as well as, the 82 lasted Chelsea.

The 337 is a roomy last. It will feel like a Lincoln (long and roomy interior) compared to the more chiseled 82 Last.

Having said that, EG wants you to get a snug fit all around. I picked up the same size on both of those, but if you like the roomy interior (plus a little more wiggle room across the toebox) you will need a 1/2 up from that 337.

AWu

Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous. I was faced with the same dilemma. I went for the Black Utah/delapre because I wanted to stay with the 82, but loved that mink 202. Did you get the same size as your 202 and do you find it significantly roomier? And I agree...I put the order in on Monday and they arrived at my place a few mins ago. Unlike many companies that claim to ship next day, EG actually ships next day. Being a frequent purchaser of Euro goods, I know that it's no easy task preparing forms for shipping to the US. I once had a suit stopped mid-customs because it had...get this....mohair in it and the customs agent didn't know how to classify it and made the shipper execute all new paper-work. In any event, those are beautiful and appear very dressy; more so than Utah leather. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you, sir. I am perplexed by how different the 202 and 82 lasts are from what I THOUGHT they were going to be. I have wider feet and almost always cramped into shoes that are my size but on the narrower side. I thought the 82 last was going to render similar results. Oddly enough, it fits like a glove. The 202 is a roomier last, and you can feel that all around. Even the heel is roomier. The 82 last, however, is not narrow. It’s just tapered, far more contoured and sculpted. It feels like it was meant to glove your feet. The 202 last does not fit that way. Oddly enough, I like the 82 much more.

merv49

Reaction score
Second pair of EGs. Another pair of suede Galways, but this time in mink suede and on the 202 last. I must confess, while I like the rounded toe shape of the 202 last, the 82 last is a more contoured, tailored fit. I think I’ll stick to the 82 last from now on, despite its longer, pointier toe.

P.S.: 2-day shipping from London to the USA. Holy **** that’s impressive.
View attachment 1338910 View attachment 1338911 View attachment 1338912 View attachment 1338913

Love these - they are most comfortable pair. Congrats.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
I also have the Audley, as well as, the 82 lasted Chelsea.

The 337 is a roomy last. It will feel like a Lincoln (long and roomy interior) compared to the more chiseled 82 Last.

Having said that, EG wants you to get a snug fit all around. I picked up the same size on both of those, but if you like the roomy interior (plus a little more wiggle room across the toebox) you will need a 1/2 up from that 337.
Thank you for your advice. Can I ask you whether you also have heel slips when you wear Audley?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new pair of EGs coming in tomorrow. Until then, these will have to hold me over.
835D2E62-88EC-4F32-9628-3A8624890501.jpeg
3C1ADD3C-59E0-42E5-B2A7-9AB28A805192.jpeg
F5AEAFD3-BAAE-4CE3-BCE5-D3F4727C44BF.jpeg

Iadbound

Reaction score
Got a new pair of EGs coming in tomorrow. Until then, these will have to hold me over.
You're getting to be worse than me! I'm wearing my new Ebay Galway pickup right now (Mahogany Country Calf and Clove Suede). That makes too many pairs over the last few months -- not all boots, but still. So what's on its way?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're getting to be worse than me! I'm wearing my new Ebay Galway pickup right now (Mahogany Country Calf and Clove Suede). That makes too many pairs over the last few months -- not all boots, but still. So what's on its way?

I'll never teeeeeeellllllllll.....

P.S.: Pics of the Galway, please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads