1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Not to turn this into a Zonkey thread, but Alexandra told me that they're coming out with some new boots after Pitti. Might be worth checking back in February for those interested.

2. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

I am a reliable US9D. I have ordered a pair of Chelseas in 8.5E/9D.

Will have them tomorrow and I'll then edit this post to reflect how they fit.

I hate returning shoes....and at the end of the day I'd rather have shoes that are a tad looser (can wear with insole) that painfully tight (a constant reminder of poor judgement).

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

No right or wrong answer here.

We all have different feet, and the poster should order two sizes if he is able (or try them on in-store)..

I know of very few people who consistently size down a full size from US-TTS when buying EG. JL or C&J? Yes (full size). But EG? No (1/2 size). But at the end of the day just get what works no matter the size .....

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^I think Wes and I have both stated 1/2 size. But I totally agree it's all about the OP's foot shape.

5. sevenfoldtieguy

It is an English D. I have confirmed this with EG, and I have a pair with "D" width.

6. Junior

Junior Senior member

X-post from shoe damage report & shoe p0rn central

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Badass, wear them in good health.

8. felixkcma

felixkcma Member

Just got this from the postman! My very first EG from Leathersoul.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. AHS

AHS Senior member

Appreciated! And happy new year, everyone.

AHS

10. sevenfoldtieguy

nice

11. michaelvl

michaelvl Senior member

Sweet!
    Are these on single or HA/F soles? And what is the color called? Olive Green?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Dropped by the Leffot store today in NYC originally intending to get some Alfred Sargent double monks, but the last didn't fit me very well, unfortunately.

Fortunately, however, I fell in love with the EG Westminster. I got sized at 9/9.5E and I'm looking to purchase the pair online from a UK site, as it's significantly cheaper that way.

Do you gents have any recommended online retailers in the UK? Should I stick to an American reseller?

13. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

You should buy them from Leffot. You used their time, service, etc. They earned their markup.

Now that you know what size/last fits you can order online for your second pair.

4 people like this.
  14. sevenfoldtieguy

+1

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Good point, and taken.

I normally wouldn't spring for such expensive shoes, and I understand the pay-to-play mentality probably applies here, but I'm only comfortable spending this kind of money this one time because of some cash I received for Christmas... so I would really, really hope to save a couple hundred by ordering from somewhere else.. but if that's a very distasteful thing to do I understand.

Any other opinions?

16. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I'm with Gdot on this one. It must be so frustrating for any retailer in this situation.

I can fully understand why you'd want to save a few quid, but look at it this way: if you were to have any issues with the shoes you could deal with the retailer instead of the maker, which could save you cash in the long run.

Also, it never hurts to build a relationship with a retailer as you don't yet know how moveable that mark-up might be in the future...

17. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I'm mixed. You went to purchase something else that did not fit and happened to try something else. So, it's somewhat different than just going in to try on something with the sole purpose to take your business elsewhere.

Steven is great, so if you can afford it, I would support Leffot.

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Thanks guys. I'm going to have to sleep on this one and decide whether these shoes are worth the Leffot retail price to me.

On a slightly different note, I was surprised to see that the store had wooden floors. When customers are trying out these shoes that are often north of $1,000, are they not fully expected to walk around a little to gauge comfort and fit? The wooden floor would cause wear on the leather soles, no?

Maybe the pair that the gentleman (Steven? He was an older fellow; not sure if they have different people working different day's/hours) gave me to try on had already had wear marks on the soles, but I casually glanced at the soles on the EGs after having walked around a bit in them and there were a couple light scuffs.

Wouldn't it make much more sense to have carpeted floors to prevent wear, no matter how minimal?

Pardon my ignorance; I'm much more used to buying from Allen Edmonds and they have carpeted floors, as I'm sure most of you gents know.

19. sevenfoldtieguy

completely true - and something a price can't be put on

20. NORE

NORE Senior member

I've hung out at Leffot a few times (even tho they don't carry shoes in my size) and Steven never once even remotely said anything to me about making a purchase. Good dude.