• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh - you guys are killing me with these but I don't think I can justify another pair of Falkirk's in another shade of tan (I never thought I'd say those words) at the moment.

Also, I'm a bit confused by this process. Why would you need another group order - isn't this model currently available from skoak in various sizes?

It's available but not in mine nor @DpprDr size. My understanding is that three people are needed in this case (when the item is in stock) to replenish or re-order the same shoe.

I'm sure others who can speak more knowledgeably about this will be along shortly.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ugh - you guys are killing me with these but I don't think I can justify another pair of Falkirk's in another shade of tan (I never thought I'd say those words) at the moment.

Also, I'm a bit confused by this process. Why would you need another group order - isn't this model currently available from skoak in various sizes?

Yes, but some of these fellows here have large or small feet and right now we only have core sizes in stock. With the new restock rules implemented by Edward Green in July, we need to order three pairs for each restock (used to be we could make single pairs as long as it was part of our stocked styles).

Last edited:

Looking to improve

Reaction score

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I'm still fairly new to all of this, but how would one know what all else could possibly be ordered from EG? Do they have another reference or master catalogue that lists all of the models somewhere, or do you just have to have an idea of what models they've produced previously, and then check with them to see if it's still possible?

You could also try this thread: The Shoe Pictorial Index. It's old though, so I've no idea whether the links to pictures still work...

MtB

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I'm still fairly new to all of this, but how would one know what all else could possibly be ordered from EG? Do they have another reference or master catalogue that lists all of the models somewhere, or do you just have to have an idea of what models they've produced previously, and then check with them to see if it's still possible?

You should search for posts by user name aportnoy especially in Edward Green Appreciation thread. Aportnoy is pretty much Edward Green master catalog. From what I have seen aportnoy has every shoe Edward Green has made since the time immemorial.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could also try this thread: The Shoe Pictorial Index. It's old though, so I've no idea whether the links to pictures still work...

MtB

You should search for posts by user name aportnoy especially in Edward Green Appreciation thread. Aportnoy is pretty much Edward Green master catalog. From what I have seen aportnoy has every shoe Edward Green has made since the time immemorial.

Thanks guys, I may do that. When looking at the entire list of pictures on this thread that surely didn't work that well.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Gotcha! I feel for my sasquatchian and elven-footed friends
smile.gif

Thank you, I happen to be 11 1/2 footed myself.
smile.gif

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These came in the mail today courtesy of LeatherFoot
The boots were advertised as being made on the 202, but was pleasantly surprised to find out they are on the 82.
Congratulation and it is even better that you were pleasantly surprised by getting a different last from the one that was advertised. It is mind boggling that we could not have gotten Alderley GMTO going on the Rosewood CC.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dddrees , what style are you contemplating?

Nothing additional, at least nothing more than what I currently have coming or on order for now anyway. It's just that I wondered how one would go about finding the various models one could get from EG. It appears unless you've been following them for awhile that task could be a bit of a challenge. However It does appear from what I've seen so far that the The Shoe Pictorial Index or http://www.styleforum.net/t/33612/shoe-pictorial-index/0_30 is a good place to start. The price list that @Leaves provided was rather useful as well.

I'm also just trying to learn more about the brand. I did review a good majority of this thread at one point, but that can be fairly exhausting to do and I don't think if I remember correctly that everything is covered here either.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I really like about Edward Green is a color palette. That is what has been drawing me to them. Look at the shades of dark oak you can have? It's simply mind boggling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads