Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Unfortunately one of those where going to get a Mahogany CC version if I couldn't get enough Rosewood CC people, so at best we now have 5 again.

At the time this actually worked in my favor, because gave me the incentive to fill in and upgrade a number of the staples. A Chelsea in Doak, Chelsea in Black, and the Inverness in Antique Burgundy.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

In time maybe, however I think at least a few of these may not make the cut in the long run.
    Ah yes, the Brandy Willow is the one I couldn't come up with.

This should make a great collection with enough variety to justify those three.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Why do we have more than 5 pairs of shoes? Argh! At least the pair I bought earlier today were running shoes... sadly those also add up yearly...

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

And I thought I had found something less expensive than watches. LOL

5. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Dark (/Light) Oak Galway. When light hits the midsection, it could pass for pine, but the darker suede and burnishing contrast works well with it. Compared against the previous shot of the dark DOAK Shannon (which is also perfect for that model). With all the differences, just more reason to keep buying dark oak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Of the two the Doak and suede get my vote. Every time I see them I can't help but wanting to get a pair.

7. S K M

S K M Senior member

I thought we agreed to postpone those (maybe in Acorn/Burned Pine and on the 888) until January :devil:

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Part of me likes the Doak variance and part of me finds it annoying. I have numerous Doak models and the difference in shade can be striking.

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I'm trying to transfer my interest into socks... so much more cheaper. For running, I go through a pair of shoes every 3-4 months so I basically should enough to pay for 1 shoe every 12 months.

It was SOOOO much better in college when I just had a bunch of shot glasses...

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

SKM, It is true that I agreed to wait till the first part of next year. But I wanted to go with Chestnut and the Last was something I wanted to think about. At this point the 888 should be fine, however I am getting the Inverness on the 888 next week so I should have a better idea next week.

I believe this is my last post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/13400_100#post_7416622

Originally Posted by dddrees [​IMG]

I think I'd be willing to go with the 888 on the Malvern, but I'm pretty set on doing this in Chestnut. I already have a couple of other shoes coming already so I probably won't be ready to do this until the first part of next year.

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't know. I just heard about William Abraham socks.

So it appears socks are a no win as well. LOL

12. S K M

S K M Senior member

Sorry buddy, was just teasing you a bit :embar:

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

No problem, I was a bit worried I had actually pissed you off.[​IMG]

14. S K M

S K M Senior member

Not the least my friend, I seriously doubt we could get a GMTO going anyway… But keep us updated on your thoughts on the Inverness :slayer:

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Good, and your probably right although it might be worth a shot.

It's funny but I just finished reading a number of posts about the Inverness as I await mine to be delivered. I guess it should have been the other way around, but like I've stated it was a shoe I've been wanting for a while now and I already made up my mind that I wanted a pair. The one thing that surprised me most is the pinkish tone they seemed to have, I didn't expect that. But I guess a bit of black wax if I choose would darken them. The blind brogue is a term I wasn't familiar with either. I can't wait to get them in hand, or should I say on feet.