1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Gentlemen

I wore my Heather Gorse - Zug Galways for the first time today. I am happy to report that I am pleased with the results. I had to guess my size because I had no prior experience with 64 last and fortunately the fit is good. I mean really good, the length and width wise but also volume wise, the lacing closes up just right not toe wide not too tight. They are very stiff know but eventually they will soften up.

I want to give a big shout-out to all of you who were a part of this GMTO or who were involved in helping with sizing, makeup etc etc. Many thanks to @dddrees @smoothie1 @rydenfan @bespoken pa @Roger @ThinkDerm @stevent @NAMOR @S K M @CTBrummie @Farhad19620 @Leaves @Skoaktiebolaget @GabrielOB and my apologies to those whom I failed to mention.

I have not seen anyone listing Zug Galways on B&S forum so I am assuming that everyone is please with the fit of the boots. Good work everyone. This was very memorable experience.

I will be going for second helping of Gaways, maybe in Black Willow calf of maybe baby lama calf if EG can provide it.

I have no idea why some people find 64 last ugly or bloby to me it looks like one of the most elegant rugged boot lasts out there.

Skoaktiebolaget team if you guys are considering another Galway makeup for your store next fall season, do let me know I would like to sign up for it as this time I will probably order F width.

2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Distinguished Member

@laufer - I'm glad you are happy with your Zugs. I think they are great as well. I agree the 64 is excellent. I never understand why some hate certain lasts, e.g. 64, 202. They are not at all blobby, but classic. Everyone should just pursue the aesthetic he enjoys and not try to foist their views/ style on others. Cheers!

3. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

The 64 isn't meant to be a slender, delicate-looking last and the Heather Gorse Glaway isn't meant to be a prissy, delicate boot. They go together really well, IMO. Enjoy @laufer !

4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

+1,000,000

5. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Distinguished Member

Congratulations and enjoy your lovely boots, I think the 64last is the best suited last for the Galway boot!

6. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

@laufer ,

Glad to hear that you like your Zugs. Although we may see a Zug or two come up for sale on BS at some point, this is one person who has no plans of ever selling his.

The ability to get the same boot or shoe on a number of different Lasts is one of EGs strong points in my opinion. As much as I like the Zug make-up on the 64 Last, I equally like the fact that I have the Doak Calf and Walnut CC as well as the Midnight Calf and Navy Suede versions on the 82 Last. In this way the Galway is two different types of boots. Other shoes or boots may not be as dramatically different but they certainly address a wider audience this way in regards to either fit or look based on different Lasts.

Zug!!!!!

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Can't reach EG via email... Anyone know if they still have the 33 last for factory resole?

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

what do you have thats on the 32? dont hear of that one much

9. luc13

luc13 Senior Member

DO in the Morning!

[​IMG]

10. dddrees

Nice, can't get enough of that DO!!!

11. luc13

luc13 Senior Member

DO is a Winner!
    There are so many different shades of DO that you don t "need" any other browns:D

But the meaning of "need" is a separate thing...

12. dddrees

With only two in the herd currently, I'm sure I could find room for a few more.

13. dddrees

When I got my suede and calf pair this was one of the final contenders. I originally didn't get it because it was so close to the DOAK and Walnut CC version I already had. But boy everytime I look at this version the more I think about getting a pair.

Too bad this pair isn't in my size, I might have had to break my moratorium on boot purchases. LOL

14. Nikola

Nikola Distinguished Member

He will never sell them for $900 + shipping.

I can recall this seller selling them even before summer, but apparently with no luck.