1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

When you talk to EG staff at Jermyn St do you ever get the feeling they are in a bit of a hurry? Like they have some soup about to boil over on the stove?

2. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

Could anybody compare 58 last with other EG lasts?

3. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Ha, very much so.

They often give the impression that they're in the middle of doing something else and this distracts them throughout the conversation. When asking about the shearling Galways, I specifically asked them to send me pics of the rosewood versions as I'd handled the walnut version in the shop. They sent me pics of the walnut version, and when I replied that it was the other model I wanted to see they told me that they had no stock pictures...

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

It is nice to note that they are consistent.

5. ncc1701d

ncc1701d Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm flying into Paris, arriving 27th December. Does the paris shop have a good range of boots and do I need to make an appointment? Cheers.

6. forseti6

forseti6 Senior member

I was just at the Paris shop last week. From what I could recall, the only boots I saw were the Galways on the shelves.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

this.

8. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

I just could not resist buying these today, [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Farhad19620

Thanks. Do please share some pics! Been wearing the pair below for some time, which were built on the F 25 last which EG no longer have. They're old boots made a few decades ago - the manager of their Jermyn Street shop was good enough to have the factory find out what they could on the model. Here we are sir, [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

cool concept.

1 person likes this.
  11. ncc1701d

ncc1701d Well-Known Member

After reading through many threads on shoes, I decided that Edward green would be my first choice. I've been waiting for a flight to London for many months, but suddenly a Paris trip turned up and I found my way to the Paris Edward green store.

Firstly the custom per service was excellent. Alex was very patient with my obvious lack of knowledge, taste and style.

I went in to buy one pair of black Shannon's as a dress shoe and occasionally for work, hoping they would have what I wanted - but prepared to have to go the "made to measure" option.

Alex had a selection of Shannon's and Galways. After a good hour of procrastinating and Alex educating me, I settled on the black Galways, sued upper section with custom "Inverness" medallion, ridgeway sole.

To get a better idea of fit for me, he brought out a pair of full leather chestnut Shannon's... Let's just say I had to take them too! When I put these things on... My foot was like a piston perfectly slotting in. I can think of better euphemisms, but I'm sure you all know what I mean!

As it turns out, I will get a better price if they ship them directly to where I live, so I will get the Shannon's (with an added rubber pad on the sole) before the 09th of Jan and the Galways in a few months.

As these are my first purchases of this magnitude, I have played it safe in my choice (I think anyway), but some of the other colours did look nice. Perhaps in the future.

From another thread on suits, I decided on a Tom ford navy suit a few months ago and I look forward to putting everything together when the Galways do finally turn up.

Thanks to this thread and a few others here at style forum... My bank account is in intensive care at the moment!

3 people like this.
  12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

wonderful

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Those are lovely.

Can we have a report from the other side of the pond about the EG sale? It's our turn on this side to feel a little jelly.

14. Farhad19620

In all honesty there was really not much in the sale I saw today, this is the least amount of shoes I have seen ever at their sale, only a few models in a few sizes , not many boots they only ones they had were were there were in small sizes and a few in black and grey shades, I am a UK 8.5 and was intending to buy two pairs but these were the only shoes I really liked noting else caught my eye. I will pass by in a few weeks to see if they have added any further shoes in the sale. Prices, most shoes were about GBP 470 and the boots around 560/=

They have a lovely Shannon boot but only in a size 8 E Uk on the 82 last , I would have bought that had they had it in my size!

15. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

Do they have any boots in UK9,5 ?

16. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

17. Farhad19620

Honestly I did not look, will when I go next time. Sorry.

18. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Unique...is this what EG calls Antique Chestnut Calf? And is this 82Last?

19. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought this was one of the more interesting Edward Green boots that I've seen lately for a guy looking for a slightly more casual, less pointed or chiseled look with jeans, cords, etc... I took this photo of J Lawrence Khaki's of Carmel. The owner, Jim Ockert, loves EG's with burnished toes.

[​IMG]

20. Farhad19620

It is the Cottesbrook on the 82 last, colour is Edwardian Antique