• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today, MIB!

jamestct

Reaction score

Does anyone here own the Piccadilly and the Montpellier? If yes, which one gets more use? Thanks.

I don't have the Piccadilly but I do have the Montpellier and love them. I think they a little more 'interesting' than the Piccadilly. There is lack of view-from-above images online so here are mine:

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are nice. :nodding:
The longer I have owned EG Burgundy, the more I appreciate it. It really is quite unique in the world of burgundy men's dress shoes.
On that topic, does anyone own the Piccadilly or Montpellier in burgundy? If yes, PM me if you don't mind. Thanks.

It is a great color. I really like the crust leather that EG uses. It holds color much better than leathers from other makers (i.e., AS)
Today, MIB!

Sir, you have to admit the Westminster tops the Lowndes ;)

Also, I recently tried to contact EG via e-mail ([email protected]) but my messages have been bouncing back. Anyone else have information?

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are nice. :nodding:

The longer I have owned EG Burgundy, the more I appreciate it. It really is quite unique in the world of burgundy men's dress shoes.

On that topic, does anyone own the Piccadilly or Montpellier in burgundy? If yes, PM me if you don't mind. Thanks.

I do not own it because EG loafers do not fit me. I did handle Piccadilly from Brooks Brothers, it looks great http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edwar...ar_MH00164_Color=DKRD&contentpos=17&cgid=0522

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, finally got my galway in a half size bigger than my previous chelsea and westminster since they were too tight at the vamp.

The Galway is a derby boot so the issue with the two aforementioned two shoes is gone. However the eyelets of the lacing are almost closed. Should I go for a D width instead of the standard E width to avoid problems after the boot is walked in and the eyelets will be touching? The eyelets are now only 1-2mm seperated would concerns me.

Since a pictures say more than hundred words ;)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't worry about. 202, 606, 64, 82 all same size, all fit well all have varying degrees of lacing "openness"

Last edited:

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi NAMOR, thanks for yr pics... That cc walnut makes me greedy :)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome! How does the size work out for you?

Wore it for the first time today. Fits the same as the chelsea. Same issues, probably .25 too short but it's better than having too much heel slip and needing to stick an insole in. Think it will be better after broken in.

Last edited:

BaldwinP

Reaction score
Sir, you have to admit the Westminster tops the Lowndes
wink.gif

Oh, certainly. I love my Lowndes, I wore them on my first date with my now-fiancée and I wear them more often because I have them in black, but the Westminsters (in maple) get more complements when I wear them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads