Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

More EG Shoe P*rn

[​IMG]

2. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I have a UK 9.5E on the DG70 last. I also have UK 9.5E on EG's 888, 808, 202 and 89 lasts. All of these fit very well. On the 89, I also have a UK 9E which I prefer - its a bit more snug. But the UK9.5 E is also fine. On the EG 82 last, I actually have a UK9.5D which fits like a glove after some breaking in. I have always wondered about going down a width on the 202, from E to D - I think it could be done, would fit better, and would probably make the silhouette less "bulbous" looking, for lack of a better word. But have never actually tried it.

If you're an E on the 202 and the fit is roomy, then I think you'll be fine with the E width on the DG70 or TG73 (I think I have those numbers right). If the 202 is tight on you with the E width, then you might need to go up a width in G&G, because I believe the general consensus is that the 202 is a generous last.

Would be curious to hear other thoughts on this though . . .

3. dijor

dijor Senior member

hehe mate, better for you so maybe there will be some dover's in the SALE :)

4. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

There is nothing I find overly attractive about the Dover, and the internet fuss over it leaves me quite cold. I can totally appreciate the workmanship of it, but I can think of a couple of dozen other pairs of shoes that I'd take over this.

5. dijor

dijor Senior member

+100000

6. dijor

dijor Senior member

7. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

I am, thanks man.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i dont own a dover right now but i agree with ironist. and ive since purchased about a dozen other pairs instead of replacing the pair that didnt fit. youre like both fucking right

9. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

It's not like I don't understand the hate. I felt the same exact way. Hated split toes, hated derbies, hated Balmoral boots, hated split toes, hated loafers, hated black shoes, hated Bobby lasts. Then I saw more pictures, bought more shoes, and my tastes did complete 180s. You'll probably disagree and say you'll never love the dover which is fine. I just think a lot of people who love the dover started by hating it and not getting why people like it. Kind of like hating the taste of beer, it's an acquired taste. Just my 2 cents.

10. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

So true. I'm the one.

11. nickyboy

nickyboy Member

I hope you'll still be ok, but they're still not open. Friday 12th seems to be the latest estimate. I'm not sure why they're doing this, the old set up looked fine to me, some carpet, some wooden shelves with shoes on. I didn't see much to improve on there. I hope they're not going all G&G, with shoes in ridiculous glass display cases like some museum.

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

The same people who don't appreciate the Dover are the same who don't appreciate fine wine, caviar or a good scotch. Fine with me.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Perhaps more than any other style, many come to the shoe game disliking loafers (or at least finding them irrelevant) - only to come around after a few years.

14. nickyboy

nickyboy Member

I will go to my grave having never worn a tassel loafer.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

It's only money, eh? :slayer: