1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior Member

Aha, you would need to grow two full sizes to be in with a chance! Have to catch up over coffee soon, been talking about meeting in Northampton for too long...

The Kelso's more heavy-duty than the Galway, as the pattern AS used means that they can be lined with leather, too. The zug used by them when they used to make them is more burgundy than brown. Nice boots, some need to size down a half size into them as the last is pretty roomy. Where did you get them from? The only place I know that stocks them is out of my size...

2. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

True enough, let's pick a Friday. I'll meet you there and drive us back for a coffee/snifter :slayer:

3. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

I got them from Tredders, they have size 11 left. They also fave AS Selkirk which is the same boot but with leather soles.
    I noticed these are on FX fitting which generous fitting. I palm to wear them with the thick socks.

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Distinguished Member

Any leather will wear through if subjected to conditions conducive to aforesaid wear. I've not heard of normal use resulting in wear through of a suede shaft. Got pics?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

5. jhcam8

Durn tootin'

6. jhcam8

N - I thought you were off G&G?

7. jhcam8

Yes

8. thebeebs

thebeebs Distinguished Member

Anyone have thoughts on the montpellier loafer?

9. jhcam8

Yes

10. jhcam8

Well I've found a way of getting photos up but there must be an easier way. The boots are on a 202 last with dainite sole. It's hard to capture the colour with a overcast grey London sky. quote]

You need to upload your photos to PhotoBucket or another hosting service and copy the 'img' code and paste.

11. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Wow, I didn't know any of this. But it sounds like I have at least one resole that I can expect from EG and still maintain the veldt welt. Given my current rotation and the Ridgeway sole I should hopefully have no issues. but this certainly is nice to know. Thanks for sharing, your certainly have a wealth of knowledge about these boots.

12. dddrees

Congrats!!!

Wow, that certainly is different from any other Galway I have seen to this point.

13. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Distinguished Member

RLPL Carter -basically a modified Ecton on the 808 with HAF sole. Picked them up from Ed Morel - a great seller, which probably goes without saying at this point - and just got around to lathering in saphyr reno and neutral polish:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/

14. dddrees

Very nice, Congrats.

If you have the Dover how would you compare the two in look, fit, wear, and preference if any?

15. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Distinguished Member

^^^ you know, I actually don't own the Dover. I have the Carter and the Halifax which are both Dover/ecton hybrids for rlpl. Personally, I like the three eyelets on those models because there's more room for the arch. The 89 last for the split toe Halifax is a bit more chiseled than the 202, but still pretty roomy. I probably could have gone down a half size on the 89 for the snug fit that I like. The Halifax is also a double sole but without the HAF sole, which feels much stiffer when you wear it, and much more substantive, IMO.