Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Hopefully it's just a temporary disruption in their service. But like I said previously, you may want to contact Skoak if yours don't hit the States by cob Monday.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

2. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Here's the only info:

02/09/2014 7:18 AM Toftanäs, Sweden The shipment item is under transportation

3. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I don't know how accurate the tracker is. Mine were in sweden half the time, customs the other half, and then skipped delivery and were immediately at my doorstep.

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

What website are you using to track, have you tried inputting the tracking number into the USPS website?

That's what I did, and it had more updated info...

5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Here's the USPS info:

September 3, 2014 , 12:51 am

Processed Through Sort Facility .

MALMO TOFTANAS, SWEDEN

You're probably right, they'll just turn up one day - had that happen before, although usually I get a notice that the goods have hit Chicago.

No rush, really - I have another pair of boots. :)

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yeah, mine are stuck in the same place. Same info on usps site as well. Of course yours have been stuck there longer than mine. Next step usually is customs New York. I expected based on previous experiences for my shipment to reach the States on Friday but it hadn't happened. I still expect to hopefully get mine mid to late next week.

7. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Just so you have an idea, FYI, I'm also in the chicagoland area and it took 7 days to arrive. They did not hit customs until 4 days in and then it took 3 extra days to get it to me. The swedish tracker still says it's in US customs and the USPS site says it's still in transit.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Midwest here as well. Usually approx. 7days but I've always been able to see where they were by using the usps tracker once they arrived in the States.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

I've been waiting for a similar monkstrap to go on sale for several years, though I wouldn't wear them with a suit. What do you think of the C&J Savile? This is the only stockist I've found after a quick search:

http://www.grafford.se/varumrken/crockett-jones/savile-3

(this picture is lighter than any others I've seen). It's a shame that PLal no longer stocks C&J, or I'd probably have a pair already.

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yes, just received notification that they have made it to New York. Should only be a few more days now.

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Another navel-gazing update - customs just released them, so it appears to be a situation similar to that described by Ironist.
    :satisfied:

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Glad to hear your Zugs are finally making their way home. Seems yours might have been on the same plane as my Chelseas. Mine are also in New York.

13. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

That was the issue I had with Skoak when I ordered from them, the delivery time. I even paid extra for their express delivery and it still took 8 days.... When I get deliveries from Cleverley and Fosters, they are overnighted and arrive the next day.

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I think I vaguely remember your delivery issue. When receiving from those others have you ever had to pay any fees though? I haven't had to pay any fees yet when getting shoes from Skoak.

I know I was complaining about the shipping time, but I forgot to mention the fact that they have extremely friendly EG prices and their customer service has been top notch.

15. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

[quote name="dddrees" url="/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/12600#pos

I think I vaguely remember your delivery issue. When receiving from those others have you ever had to pay any fees though? I haven't had to pay any fees yet when getting shoes from Skoak.

I know I was complaining about the shipping time, but I forgot to mention the fact that they have extremely friendly EG prices and their customer service has been top notch.
    [/quote]

I had to pay customs fees on my Skoaktiebolaget order, and my Fosters, but not the Cleverley.