1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lol, the resemblance is uncanny

starring mw313 as doctor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

namor as doctor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and dddress as doctors
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Namor, how often to reach for the herrick boot since I discovered it I have been obsessing about kopping a pair. So unfortunate they will no. longer make them which causes me to be curious as to why they made them in the first place if they are so difficult to make.

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Wasn't that specific design for RL?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  4. bespoken pa

Idk why but I believe I read that some place, the city boot also looks great. The new EG boot with the double monk style strap on the shaft looks like more of a country boot to me which makes it less appealing. No need for another country boot when one has the galway in his stable.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

That's the conclusion I've come to.

6. bespoken pa

I could live with having a country boot collection of various galway make ups. So many last and material combinations really no reason to look else where.

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I've certainly gravitated more and more this way. 4 but probably only 3 keepers right now. Not sure if I'll get anymore, but it's not out of the question.

8. dalevy

dalevy Senior member

Can someone tell me, if I order direct from Edward Green from their catalogue, shipped to the US, do I pay customs duties?

9. laufer

laufer Senior member

Yes

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Wow that is great! what are the chances that the pictures fit just right? Oh and that is such a great seen as well.

11. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I'm thinking the same. It is just the ultimate country boot in my opinion. So many combinations make it seem like a completely different boot every time. That is why EG is the king of boots.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

+1! Incredible!

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That looks nice. Very nice.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

not too often actually. im not a fan of an ankle boot with a buckle so high up the shaft. its a redundant feature and just adds an unnecessary element to an otherwise fantastic design. i dont know the history behind the strap but its safe to say i wont maximize the utility of such a feature.

EG herrick is pretty cool for nothing else but the odd combination of last (89), outsole selection (HAF), leather (brown delapre), unusual design (ww2 jumper?), unlined shaft, etc. the 89 last is something special. its a softer, slighter rounder version of the 888 last (EG's sexiest imo). maybe the 890 last is just the updated version? its really my favorite EG last ive tried. 89 is basically a more casual 888 which on a captoe blucher boot is a great combo. and since EG wont make 888 galways without significant upcharge, this is the best alternative

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

ID help, please.

This make-up for Hardy Amies looks like Burgundy Antique with Old Rose on the shaft - can anyone confirm?

Leffot had a Shannon IX with Old Rose on the lace which looks similar to me.

HARDY AMIES
    [​IMG]

LEFFOT
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

16. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Confirmed. The HA x EG made 3 boots. I have 2 of the 3 (I don't own the burgundy one). I do own the current stock model (which is the one pictured by Leffot). The shaft has suede but the facing (or the area with the hooks) with rose. Here it is: [​IMG] With the HA x EG Shannons (2 far right of the top row): [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  17. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Awesome! Thanks, mate. I was within a hair of buying the Burgundy/Old Rose when I bought the Midnight/Twilight but chickened out.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  18. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I don't get called doctor... I have a catchier name thanks to a good ol' 'retired' psychologist :embar:

19. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Does anyone own or have a picture of the Galway boot in black leather ? Grained or smooth . Please if you do can you share the picture with me ? Many thanks

20. Maximus Rex

Maximus Rex Well-Known Member

I asked this before: does anyone know if EG has changed their buckle for the Westminster to this logo-ed one?