Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.
ah, i see.
Make it simpler: in the Kiss sample the leather is folded to the outside, in EG (or JM Weston) the leather id folded to the inside.
So in one you can see the inlay, while in the other you cannot.
I have three questions concerning EG, which I hope can be answered.
1. Is "Dark Oak" and "Dark Oak Antique" the same color? I'm confused by this and by looking at pictures, which states different names of colors (antique and not antique) but seems to look the same in color.
2. I wear C&J UK7.5 E width (348 last), Vass UK7.5 normal width (U- and F-lasts) and G&G UK8 E width. What should my EG size be for the 888 last?
3. Could someone explain the "Dark Oak Antique" color compared to C&J's "Dark Brown" (Hallam), Vass "Dark Brown" and/or G&G's "Dark Oak"?
Thanks in advance.
1. The base color is dark oak. You can order it without antiquing which is the applied patina look that EG is known for.
2. I was advised to get a 1/2 size larger than usual, but it's bit long for me. I would probably stick with usual size. If your feet are on the wider size, just get a width bigger.
3. EG's dark oak is pretty comparable to the G&G color. My Vass dark brown was a bit darker in color. I prefer the EG color.
4. Buy my EG's on the B/S forum.
Where can I purchase the Telford or Asquith in 9.5/10E?
Anyone have a website that carries this? Or a retailer in the US or one that ships to the US?
Try calling EG Jermyn street or Edwards of Manchester in the UK. Not many retailers in the US keep regular stock but you can try Leather Soul, Leffot, or Axel's.
That is my kind of shoe.
Thank you very much for a very helpful answer.
4. You have PM.
The jokers at BB are only carrying Greens in E widths. Must be the C&J Peal influence. Bastards.
E.G. Southwold on 888 in Burgundy antique
PS: Excuse the lousy quality iPhone pics.
You need a UK D width?
that is US D width. carry on.
Yes, the RLPL Carter has 3 eyelets, as opposed to 5 on the Dover. Here are the pair I have:
Also there is no heel counter. Pretty sure these are equivalent to EG ectons.
Separate names with a comma.