• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK guys...I'm trying to herd cats.

Can anyone who is seriously interested in a Brandy Willow calf Dover or Nevis please PM me? Thanks.

Best of luck with the cat-herding. I decided to go the single MTO route with the brown Willow, and now I just have to decide on Dover versus Nevis versus Banbury. Nevis is probably eliminated because I have a few nice derby boots in the brown spectrum including my Galways. Still want a Nevis badly, but will likely go for something burgundy when I do.

Anyway, looking forward to what you guys come up with for the beautiful Brandy!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so for the next 2 weeks are there no access to Jermyn street store??, any pop up collaboration whilst shop is closed then??

Their online communications are still open.

Yes you can, for singel MTOs only though. We have Falkirk in Edwardian incoming within a few seeks.

But no 6.5E. :(

Have a question. Using this pic, how much room is there between where your toes end and the front of the shoe? Trying on some EGs on 888, and the chiseled nature of the last is throwing me off.

That is, how much room is acceptable in the toe box on the 888?

For me, my toe probably goes up tp the brogue that starts to turn so maybe an inch? The 888 works well for me.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best of luck with the cat-herding. I decided to go the single MTO route with the brown Willow, and now I just have to decide on Dover versus Nevis versus Banbury. Nevis is probably eliminated because I have a few nice derby boots in the brown spectrum including my Galways. Still want a Nevis badly, but will likely go for something burgundy when I do.

very cool, ROger! Glad you got in on the brown as it went pretty quick. I know you are a chukka guy like me and I would vote for the Banbury. I think the Dovers look very good in county calf and you could order that at any point. Whereas I think the chukka will look better in willow than CC. Just me $.02

I am going MTO as well and doing the Ullswater in Brandy Willow.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggest dover, somehow the willow calf looks very good with that split toe design.

Can I interest you in Nevis in mahogany country calf which is similar to burgundy color? There are several of us interested in that model.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggest dover, somehow the willow calf looks very good with that split toe design.

Can I interest you in Nevis in mahogany country calf which is similar to burgundy color? There are several of us interested in that model.

You can certainly keep me posted - but I do have to pace myself. I've seen the Nevis in mahogany cc and it is fantastic. If you get to a point where you need one more to make it happen, give me a shout and I will let you know if the timing works.

I am leaning toward the Dover on this reasoning: it is both a signature model for EG and arguably THE definitive split toe derby out there. I do love me some Chukkas, but there are many manufacturers that make appealing offerings in that style. And while I have a few different Chukkas, I don't yet have a premium split-toe derby at all. Sounds like I'm off the fence after all. ;-)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

You can certainly keep me posted - but I do have to pace myself. I've seen the Nevis in mahogany cc and it is fantastic. If you get to a point where you need one more to make it happen, give me a shout and I will let you know if the timing works.

I am leaning toward the Dover on this reasoning: it is both a signature model for EG and arguably THE definitive split toe derby out there. I do love me some Chukkas, but there are many manufacturers that make appealing offerings in that style. And while I have a few different Chukkas, I don't yet have a premium split-toe derby at all. Sounds like I'm off the fence after all. ;-)

Dover it is! You have chosen wisely.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sounds like it. I think that is wise. Best sometimes to choose what would work best to fill in gaps in your collection. I find that leads to more regular usage as there is less overlap and avoid trying to pick between very similar makeups. This is the exact process I have been using in both selling and buying lately. And I feel it is leading to a more edited and complete collection. Cant wait to see them!

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unusual Galway Delapre from Sid Mashburn

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/what-s-new/dark-brown-edward-green-galway-boot.html

Last edited:

heelguy

Reaction score

Oh dam!

Just reseived the Mail That the store in Jermyn St close till Sept.
:embar:

That stinks. I am heading to London on vacation on the 24th and not only is Jermyn Street store closed, but factory store is also likely closed.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh. It's like a Galway that wanted to be a Shannon. Not saying it's not awesome (it's a Galways) but it packs less awesome than it could and should pack.
Nice way to put it.

The least appealing Galway I've seen to this point.

luc13

Reaction score
Jermyn Street is being refitted - so contact us online
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Our Jermyn Street shop is changing.

The doors will shut from Monday until early September, when we look forward to welcoming you into our new home.

But in the meantime our sales team will continue to be available via [email protected] and on 020 7839 0202.

Please contact us to arrange complimentary UK shipping on any purchases or repair collections.
follow on Twitter | forward to a friend
Copyright
00a9.png
2014 Edward Green, All rights reserved.
We send valued customers updates on new shoes and Edward Green news.
Our mailing address is:
Edward Green
75 Jermyn StreetLondon, London SW1Y 6NP
United Kingdom
Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads