1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes you can, for singel MTOs only though. We have Falkirk in Edwardian incoming within a few seeks.

2. member2000r

member2000r Senior Member

I have PMed @Leaves to vote for Brandy Willow Nevis

3. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

Best of luck with the cat-herding. I decided to go the single MTO route with the brown Willow, and now I just have to decide on Dover versus Nevis versus Banbury. Nevis is probably eliminated because I have a few nice derby boots in the brown spectrum including my Galways. Still want a Nevis badly, but will likely go for something burgundy when I do.

Anyway, looking forward to what you guys come up with for the beautiful Brandy!

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Their online communications are still open.

But no 6.5E. :(

For me, my toe probably goes up tp the brogue that starts to turn so maybe an inch? The 888 works well for me.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

very cool, ROger! Glad you got in on the brown as it went pretty quick. I know you are a chukka guy like me and I would vote for the Banbury. I think the Dovers look very good in county calf and you could order that at any point. Whereas I think the chukka will look better in willow than CC. Just me $.02

I am going MTO as well and doing the Ullswater in Brandy Willow.

6. RogerP

^^^ Cheers my man. I'll look forward to seeing your MTOs as well, and you can count on me posting mine when they're done.

7. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

I would suggest dover, somehow the willow calf looks very good with that split toe design.

Can I interest you in Nevis in mahogany country calf which is similar to burgundy color? There are several of us interested in that model.

8. RogerP

You can certainly keep me posted - but I do have to pace myself. I've seen the Nevis in mahogany cc and it is fantastic. If you get to a point where you need one more to make it happen, give me a shout and I will let you know if the timing works.

I am leaning toward the Dover on this reasoning: it is both a signature model for EG and arguably THE definitive split toe derby out there. I do love me some Chukkas, but there are many manufacturers that make appealing offerings in that style. And while I have a few different Chukkas, I don't yet have a premium split-toe derby at all. Sounds like I'm off the fence after all. ;-)

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Dover it is! You have chosen wisely.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

sounds like it. I think that is wise. Best sometimes to choose what would work best to fill in gaps in your collection. I find that leads to more regular usage as there is less overlap and avoid trying to pick between very similar makeups. This is the exact process I have been using in both selling and buying lately. And I feel it is leading to a more edited and complete collection. Cant wait to see them!

11. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

X2

12. heelguy

heelguy Senior Member

That stinks. I am heading to London on vacation on the 24th and not only is Jermyn Street store closed, but factory store is also likely closed.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

14. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Nice way to put it.

The least appealing Galway I've seen to this point.