1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Noonan

Noonan Active Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  2. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Glad folks are showing interest. Sorry to be out of pocket for the past couple days...The two color combinations under consideration are as follows:

1) A close variation of Namor's boots -- Dark Oak with Walnut Country Calf Upper. Namor, correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Dainite sole on your version is a dark brown, which is why I suggested that option. If the rest of the boot is brown, I think a dark brown Dainite makes the most sense.

[​IMG]

2) Option 2 would be the Galway version of these Dovers - Antique Burgundy with Burnt Pine Country Calf Upper, as seen in the following photo. Seems like a stellar color combo as well.

[​IMG]

Similarly to Noonan, I think I would prefer the version that is similar to Namor's, but would be perfectly happy with Version 2 as well.

Currently, 3 of us have expressed serious interest -- myself, Laufer, and sdolina. Halfway there!! :slayer:

If you are interested in this MTO, please PM me.

3. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Looks awesome and great price...althought I'm more in the market for a pair of Shannons...

4. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

I also prefer someting close to the Dark Oak/Wallnut Country combination, simplу beause I saw a pic of the ready boot, but can't imagine a look of the Gallways in the second makeup from the Dovers pic.
    If somebody can post a picture of their "makeup of the dream" I could support.

5. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

[​IMG]

Saw this via Leffot - the Epsom boot. I had no idea there was anything other than Galway and Shannon and I must say I think they look great but I'd still rather go for the Shannon. Anyone got a pair or are they a new edition?

6. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

google search gives some nice results:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

^^^ nice photos, $1030 for the mto is a great price, though I'm not buying shoes for a while :confused:

8. Patek

Patek Senior member

I think I'm out as I have made a lot of big purchases over the last month including: Two Borrelli suits, a cashmere overcoat and scarf, a Harris Tweed jacket, a pair of EG, carmina MTO boots, Lindricks, my first AE, a custom Himel Brothers horsehide jacket, a custom made bag, some Japanese denim, 1000 mile boots, some riding boots etc. I have done a lot of spending recently. However, I may reconsider if you are missing one person for the order. :embar:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  9. laufer

laufer Senior member

Wow Patek you are taking one for the team. We appreciate that. How about pictures of your haul.

10. Patek

Patek Senior member

I did not realize that I had made all of those purchases till I started to list them.... I scared myself.

11. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

yes sir, I imagine you did. slow down a bit & enjoy some of it.

12. Patek

Patek Senior member

Maybe I'll put myself on the no purchase club for November.

I just happened to come across some good deals combined with some "must have" items that I purchased.

13. Noonan

Noonan Active Member

I favor the standard Oak/Walnut for the MTO but I would go with the brown suede if the group wanted to move in that direction. Face it, although this is a "country" boot, I can't see anyone on here using this footwear with a shovel out in the paddock picking up after Trigger. As for the Burgundy/Rose, I may have to go that alone one day.

Currently considering a Carmina balmoral in Navy but that will be a little down the road. Like Patek, I went deep the last few months. A custom Wilson 9 mm and a custom Ed Brown .45.

Wife's getting cross...

14. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Noonan, looks like the consensus is Dark Oak Antique with Walnut Country calf upper. You would be our fourth if you are interested. PM me your email and sizing info if you'd like. Thanks all for the interest -- making good progress.

Stay safe on the East Coast. Hopefully, much ado about nothing.

15. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

Dark Oak and Walnut Country Calf on regular Dainite is what these boots are all about!
    Any other combination just doesn't do them the justice!

16. Noonan

Noonan Active Member

I'm in for the Namor boot. Would prefer Antique Oak.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  17. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

No one likes the Galway in Burgundy Antique w/ Red Berry Suede uppers on Dainite? I think that's the sweetest combo...

18. Patek

Patek Senior member

A man after my own heart.

19. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

no you don't.. keep rolling :)

20. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That boot is a new one from EG. I think it's an old archived model they've brought back. I'm having that done in Nightshade Calf (deep burgundy/purplish calf colour) at some point. Anyone else interested?