1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Thanks for those words of encouragement !! You even have it on YOUR website !!! I think i have more chance of finding rocking horse shit !! Even the guy in the Jermyn St shop said if i wanted them it would be a MTO (Go Figure) and Edwards Manchester said you can have them but you may have to wait up to a year !!!!!!!!!! All for a so called "Permanent Stock Item!" I take solace in the fact I've bought 5 pairs since looking for these, AS Handgrade MTO, C&J Handgrade, AS Exclusive, Meermin MTO & a pair of Church's and EG have lost a very small piece of business which I'm under no illusion they couldnt give a flying **** about !!! :brick:

2. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I got access to 20 different styles in 6.5, all in Black, Dark Oak and a few Chestnut. Then I have access to the Cherwell in Chocolate and Taup. Nubuck. Have a Galway in "MOCS" (have to figure out which colour this is though). :) Just PM me, I'll hook you up. :D

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Argh, not what I need to hear... Kev, please pick them up before I grab a couple?!?

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

This post saddened me even more that you don't stock that Carmina boot in a size 12 :fu:

But yes, there are only a few models EG stocks in size 12UK and I have them all. Everything else is a MTO :fu:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

So you have all these?

Cadogan in Dark Oak
    Chelsea in Black and Dark Oak
    Inverness in Burgundy
    Malvern in Black and Dark Oak
    Belgravia in Chestnut
    Piccadilly in Pine

If not, let's talk. :)

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

I have/had the Midford in dark oak, so no Cadogan
    Chelsea in black
    Inverness in burgundy (see pics above)
    Malvern in chestnut antique
    RL MacKay (Asquith) in black
    Falkirk in chestnut
    No Belgravia or Piccadily as I don't like those styles. Well maybe the Belgravia but I lust after the slip on they made for RL some time ago (name escapes me). Grail shoe and they won't make it for me.

I would love the Chelsea in blue suede with a natural sole like these:

[​IMG]

:drool:

pic courtesy MOL

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  8. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

Dovers in Bauxite antique, D606, from Leather Soul, HI. Terrific customer service by Tom for several years now.:slayer:
    I had a local cobbler point stetch the bunion area in each shoe, now they fit great. I don't have a wide foot overall, but if I had to do it over again I would probably get F width in all my EG's or at least E to accomodate my bunions which have worsened over the years.

[​IMG]

9. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Wonderful shoes. I have ordered from them before via email and telephone order and they have wonderful service.

10. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

The good news is that DHL just delivered my my Nevis in Mahogany Country Calf on the 606 last. The bad news is I got dinged $367 ($212 for duty, $145 for taxes plus $10 for a handling fee).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]http://[​IMG][/URL]

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Wow, congrats. How much were they? This from the London store? What part of the world do you live in?

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lol at all my questions. The boots are sick

I haven't seen an EG boot I didn't love

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

Galways for me, are the epitome of a boot! :nodding:
    Love the Newmarkets too...!

14. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Thanks. They are killer. This is my first boot on the 606 all others were on the 82. They ended up being $1300 and change after conversion including trees and shipping from the London store (then add on the f***ing duty etc). Shipped Monday and got them this morning at the office, which isn't bad considering it's a bit of a way from London to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which is smack dab in the middle of Canada and far from any EG source. Only Canadian stockist is L'Uomo in Montreal but I didn't bother calling them. Didn't think they would have this in stock anyway plus their RTW shoe pricing starts at $1400.

15. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Have two pairs of Galways on the 82 and you are right they are a great boot. Just wanted a change and had never tried the 606 so I'm digging it.

16. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

I just bought a pair from an SF senior..cannot wait to get them and satisfy my all consuming lust for this shoe....(nudge-nudge)

17. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

:laugh::

18. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

I think they deserve their own forum thread!! Vote vote!!!
    Sorry...they just do "things" to me!!:embar:

19. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

No vote needed. Just take the leap and start the thread. However, while I would certainly like to see more examples of the bootI can't imagine the Galway sustaining its own thread.

20. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

LOL!
    Just waiting for mine..anytime now..will start a "small-mini" thread in their honor!