1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I agree

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Nice' congrats I want I want.

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yes we can.

4. dijor

dijor Senior member

i don't feel anything for the Dover the appron is quite ugly if i'm honest. Luckily EG makes wonderful other shoes :)

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

GET OUT!!!!

LOL. Kidding :D

6. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

The apron is probably the most beautiful detail on any shoe I have ever seen. I feel like there are stages to a person's evolution of tastes in shoes and liking split toes like the dover is one of them.

2 people like this.
  7. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

I mostly agree with this statement.

Forgiving me for being honest and specially and referring any user (well, me maybe): When you start tumblering you start using short jackets and pants and mediocre shoes, but then you start to realize the real value of details.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

No one thing be it shoe or anything else is the end all be all for anybody

Like others have said though . GET OUT LOL

9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Absolutely.

10. vorkanz

vorkanz Well-Known Member

Do anyone here own a pair of G&G and compare the EG sizeing to GG? On my EG shoes i use 10.5 W width on 202 and 82 last. Shoud i go for E width on the GG to or maybe go up to F if im not able to test the shoes out?

11. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

More EG Shoe P*rn

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I have a UK 9.5E on the DG70 last. I also have UK 9.5E on EG's 888, 808, 202 and 89 lasts. All of these fit very well. On the 89, I also have a UK 9E which I prefer - its a bit more snug. But the UK9.5 E is also fine. On the EG 82 last, I actually have a UK9.5D which fits like a glove after some breaking in. I have always wondered about going down a width on the 202, from E to D - I think it could be done, would fit better, and would probably make the silhouette less "bulbous" looking, for lack of a better word. But have never actually tried it.

If you're an E on the 202 and the fit is roomy, then I think you'll be fine with the E width on the DG70 or TG73 (I think I have those numbers right). If the 202 is tight on you with the E width, then you might need to go up a width in G&G, because I believe the general consensus is that the 202 is a generous last.

Would be curious to hear other thoughts on this though . . .

13. dijor

dijor Senior member

hehe mate, better for you so maybe there will be some dover's in the SALE :)

1 person likes this.
  14. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

There is nothing I find overly attractive about the Dover, and the internet fuss over it leaves me quite cold. I can totally appreciate the workmanship of it, but I can think of a couple of dozen other pairs of shoes that I'd take over this.

1 person likes this.
  15. dijor

dijor Senior member

+100000

16. dijor

dijor Senior member

Nice to see you are happy with them!

17. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

I am, thanks man.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i dont own a dover right now but i agree with ironist. and ive since purchased about a dozen other pairs instead of replacing the pair that didnt fit. youre like both fucking right

1 person likes this.
  19. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

It's not like I don't understand the hate. I felt the same exact way. Hated split toes, hated derbies, hated Balmoral boots, hated split toes, hated loafers, hated black shoes, hated Bobby lasts. Then I saw more pictures, bought more shoes, and my tastes did complete 180s. You'll probably disagree and say you'll never love the dover which is fine. I just think a lot of people who love the dover started by hating it and not getting why people like it. Kind of like hating the taste of beer, it's an acquired taste. Just my 2 cents.

20. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

So true. I'm the one.