1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

EG for RL Clayton, 888 in dark oak. I have it and posted pics of it in the thread.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. laufer

laufer Senior member

The one in the picture is Mahogany CC.

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice.

4. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I like those white and chestnut Dovers on eBay. I am not sure how practical they are, or how often they might see wear, but I enjoy looking at them. It is not a common style for EG; the last time I saw it was for RLPL many years ago.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  5. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks. What's the difference between EG for RL Clayton and EG Plymouth? The model seems the same. Is the latter not available in dark oak on the 888-last?

Also, any idea on how to get me a pair? Do I contact EG or RL? Or any retailer? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

6. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Correct me if I am wrong, but my guess is that you would have to go through a MTO, since neither model is stock at the moment.

7. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

Maiden voyage.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Oh, wow. Cloud looks surreal. Is it grey? Has a hint of something else that I can't decipher.

9. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

That explains why I'm not having any luck with my search. Thought it was a stock model. Thank you.

10. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    EG Brummell

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lovely pics as always UG. I can almost taste the rainbow

12. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Thank you! We try and take some in the sun and some in the shade so people get a better idea of the colors.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Appreciate the positive feedback, everyone

Grey to my eyes, but the antiquing brings out a lot of different shades and textures. I'm partially color blind, though, so I'm not the best person to ask these things

14. hjhr

hjhr Well-Known Member

Just bought a pair of new EG Westminsters in antique dark oak. I've been trying to find out how I should start taking care of them to get a nice antique patina with wear, but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. Was thinking of using some Saphir 02 neutral cream all over, and some wax on the toe and heel, but I'm not 100 percent sure here.

Anyone got some good ideas on how to take care of them from the very first moment to get a "fine aging antique look"?

15. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

@hjhr Use the search option of this forum please. There are several threads regarding the shoe care. Even if you enter in google: "Shoe care styleforum" it will lead you directly to a thread on SF.

But - Avoid using neutral cream and wax as it will produce white crease once dried, and when you start walking it will crack leaving white lines all over ..

Dark Oak is not as dark color as the name says .. Use the Saphir Light Brown Cream and light brown wax if you like the color of your shoes, if you want to enrich the color use the same product only in Medium Brown cream/wax .

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have used Saphir neutral shoe cream and Saphir neutral wax on various dark oak models (including Westminsters) without any problems, and without the build up of white residue that some apparently have issues with. Sometimes I altar my neutral/neutral regimen with Saphir medium brown shoe cream and John Lobb dark brown wax. Note: Dark brown shoe cream will alter the color.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  17. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Same here. I will use a little Saphir Reno and then a little neutral wax. I usually just break out the pigmented waxes if I have a scuff or scratch I need to blend in. I often read about "white residue" but have never seen it on anything but corrected grain shoes.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

wearing them works

19. hjhr

hjhr Well-Known Member

Well, I get that. Just wasn't sure of which type of cream or/and wax I should go with. People seem to have different opinions when it comes to that.

20. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

It may be old news. Mr Porter is now carrying a few styles (Dover, Windemere).

1 person likes this.