• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It does look like the leather on these shoes are rather thick. Do you often wear these in bad weather?

These are the EG medway for holland & holland! I'll post pics of Trickers later

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In which colour the all zug Galway would be in?

Heather Gorse, or Zug, Galways would be in the standard brown Heather Gorse. It's a mid-brown, thick, textured, calf leather.

BTW, I don't think Edward Green uses Heather Gorse in other colors really, though the leather supplier(s) may well make it.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone up for the zug galway in the 82 with veldt and bellows tongue, unlined shaft?

The 64 last seems so clunky to me. I know zug is country and so is 64, but it looks so stubby.

I'd think of the zug galway on the 82 as the ultimate city boot.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone up for the zug galway in the 82 with veldt and bellows tongue, unlined shaft?

The 64 last seems so clunky to me. I know zug is country and so is 64, but it looks so stubby.

I'd think of the zug galway on the 82 as the ultimate city boot.

I cannot be done because Edward Green will not do Veldt boots on any other last but 64.

Keen

Reaction score
Spring sneaks in early

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring sneaks in early
Yeah, can't wait as it is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow.

Great looking boots.

I do like the look of the mink suede, if only they weren't so close to my walnut CC.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a Zug and suede combo would look excellent.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a Zug and suede combo would look excellent.

It's not so much that I don't think it won't look good, because I do. But I really think the Zug only version would be a better performing boot. Built all around tougher per say.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not so much that I don't think it won't look good, because I do. But I really think the Zug only version would be a better performing boot. Built all around tougher per say.

With nano protector, suede is damn tough particularly on the shaft of the boot. If I am in ankle deep waters, I am wearing Bean boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads