1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Well, even if i have to wait for two more stock shoes to be ordered, i will probably order my stock Westminster from Skoak this month...unless we can get a Westminster GMTO started before then... :)

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I wonder how Skoak will be handling this. Do you say "don't charge me extra, I'll wait to see if anyone else orders"? Or just let them know you'll wait for the re-stock?

3. JubeiSpiegel

Great questions, i would be very interested to know as well.

I would be fine with a stock dark oak Westminster as my first EG (while saving a little), but if the wait is too much, i might just get that vintage burgundy Westminster as a single MTO that i wanted instead...

(iGent Problems)

4. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^^

Top Drawer will not be discontinued, I can confirm this. Top Drawer will however only be accepted during trunk shows (this is a new policy, I hope this may change). Prices begin at these levels.

"Any shoe from the RTW price list with EG Top Drawer build construction and finish":
    Shoes £1625
    Hand (shoes hand sewn details, Dover etc) £1750
    Boot £1875

Sorry, I gave you the wrong prices for TD, too much sun for me. :)

Shoes £1350
    Hand (shoes hand sewn details, Dover etc) £1450
    Boot £1600

This "client's own concept" though, still waiting for these prices but it looks like it will be about £200 more.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  5. Leaves

Well, the new policy is clear, we need to refill with three consecutive pairs. No more stragglers for pre-orders unfortunately. :uhoh:

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Leaves, can you give the details again for the Shannon VIII? I posted it on the EG thread to see if 2 more people are interested.

I believe the only variability is the length and all other details (including width) has to be constant?

7. JubeiSpiegel

So basically, if it's a stock Skoak or EG model, we can order a pair in our specific size once you place a re-stock order with EG for that specific stock model. The other scenario being that at least 3 people decide to order the same EG stock model, at relatively the same time.

Thank you for that clarification, it makes my decision that much easier :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. Leaves

We can change sizing. All pairs must be the same width.

Maker: Edward Green
    Model: Shannon VIII
    Color: DKO
    Last: 82 last
    Sole: B1
    Details: Blind eyelets, 4 x speedhooks
    Price incl. VAT, within EU: 9300 SEK. Price ex VAT, outside the EU: 7440 SEK (according to the new price list, the old price is NOT valid because this order was placed months ago)
    Deposit: 25% pre-order deposit, 75% before delivery

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Sad face for no dark oak Galways = :(

Thanks! I hope 2 other people are interested!

10. pandaologist

pandaologist Well-Known Member

I would have been in if we could change the width. Good luck in finding others.

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

I might be interested in Galway 82 last in F width.

12. pandaologist

I need a B width, sorry.

13. laufer

laufer Senior member

[quote name="Leaves" url="/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/9720#post_

Well, the new policy is clear, we need to refill with three consecutive pairs. No more stragglers for pre-orders unfortunately. :uhoh:[/quote]

All three have to be the same width?

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

All three have to be the same width?[/quote]

Yup!

15. JubeiSpiegel

I think we are confusing stock-line single orders (in specific width & size), with GMTO.

My understanding is that with GMTO, they all need to have the same width to place the order. Unless the order exceeds a certain amount, then varying widths are acceptable.

With stock-line single pair orders, you can order your specific width & size, but you will have to wait for them to place their re-stock order now. Or the previously described senario, where three other people want the same stock-line model.

At least, i hope that's right... :confused:

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That is correct, but if you go the 3 persons route, all have to be the same width.

17. OREO

OREO Senior member

This new rule of 3 pair minimum, price increase and the fact that the Jermayne Street store hasn't been able to provide me with opportunities to try on lasts in 'F' fitting might put me out of making an Edward Green purchase. Real shame, i'v been drooling over the Galway and Nevis for a while

18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That would be a shame. I took a shot in the dark on sizing based off suggestions and luckily it worked out for me. It was a bit scary, though!

19. pandaologist

It might be a silly question, but have you asked ahead of a visit if they could arrange to have some in-store for you to try on? If they fail to have anything in, when given advanced notice then that is surprisingly poor.

20. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

From my short history with EG, they only stock specific styles in certain widths, primarily E. There are certain runs each season where they'll expand to other widths (e.g., F). I am fortunate that I can fit well into 6.5E and even 6.5D on certain lasts/styles.