• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I neither have a cordovan boot nor a Galway but this sounds like a killer deal for around 1500 usd. Plus trees I presume

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I neither have a cordovan boot nor a Galway but this sounds like a killer deal for around 1500 usd. Plus trees I presume

If this materializes this certainly would be one heck of great way of killing those two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

BaldwinP

Reaction score
Went to sky valet tonight to look at their remaining selection of EG's and I was able to try on an 8.5UK in the 888 last but was unable to walk for fear of breaking the toe box. The owner indicated that a 9 UK would be perfect. I did buy a pair of C&J Westbourne Brogue Cap toes in an 8UK on the 348 last. Does the 9UK sound accurate in EG compared to 8UK in C&J? The owner indicated that EG runs small.
I wear 9.5UK in the C&J 348 last and 9.5UK/10US in EG888, but the EG is the snuggest possible fit and the 348 is a very good fit with a touch of room (but not so much room I could size down to 9). A half size bigger in the 888 than the 348 is quite normal I understand. A full size suggests the last might not be right for your foot and that going up a full size so it's big enough in the toe box will make it too wide or too big in the heel. I'd definitely try before you buy unless you can return or exchange without a hassle.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear 9.5UK in the C&J 348 last and 9.5UK/10US in EG888, but the EG is the snuggest possible fit and the 348 is a very good fit with a touch of room (but not so much room I could size down to 9).  A half size bigger in the 888 than the 348 is quite normal I understand.  A full size suggests the last might not be right for your foot and that going up a full size so it's big enough in the toe box will make it too wide or too big in the heel.  I'd definitely try before you buy unless you can return or exchange without a hassle.

Great info, thanks. I have one other place to try on a 9 in the 888. Is there an EG last that's larger in the toe box than the 888?

cwh812

Reaction score

Great info, thanks. I have one other place to try on a 9 in the 888. Is there an EG last that's larger in the toe box than the 888?

Maybe the 606? Interested in what others think.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^agree. 606 and 888 toe are similar widths however the 606 toe might be EGs most voluminous (second to 64)

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, I think you made an outstanding decision. You've chosen to get a shoe from Edward Green. Now you have a number of great vendors you can purchase your shoes from. I have purchased mine from a couple of different places and I have always received the best customer service regardless of where I chose to purchase them from. If you have established your shoe size already in any number of the other decent brands you should be able to get sizing recommendations here from forum members or even from the vendor you decide to purchase your shoes from. At times having the ability to return an item for cash or in store credit might not be a bad thing especially when buying a specific Last for the first time. This method has worked for a good majority of the people who frequent this board. We all had to start somewhere and it's not always possible to try them on before making a purchase.  Brooks Brothers however is great if you need that secure feeling of trying it on prior to purchase. Keep in mind however that their selection is limited and you might be able to find a better deal if you are willing to order from the internet. I would highly recommend Skoaktiebolaget and I think you should at least take a look at what they have and their prices before making a decision.

Good Luck!!!!

Went to sky valet tonight to look at their remaining selection of EG's and I was able to try on an 8.5UK in the 888 last but was unable to walk for fear of breaking the toe box. The owner indicated that a 9 UK would be perfect. I did buy a pair of C&J Westbourne Brogue Cap toes in an 8UK on the 348 last. Does the 9UK sound accurate in EG compared to 8UK in C&J? The owner indicated that EG runs small.

I wear C&J in 8.5 and EG in 9 across many different lasts for each maker.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely be in for a shell Galway, looking forward to hearing more.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had dreams about the shell galway last night, let's make it happen Patrik!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Had dreams about the shell galway last night, let's make it happen Patrik!

Haha. And I couldn't sleep thinking about what EG's answer will be....

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received a reply from Horween:

"Thank you for the e mail and interest in Horween Leather Company.

The leather you are inquiring about is our Cordovan with Scotch Grain print.

We can still emboss the print into our Cordovan when requested, but we have not seen this request for quite some time as companies are focusing on filling the smooth Cordovan orders due to the limited supply in the marketplace.

In addition, at the moment we are sold out of our Cordovan leather until the middle to late part of 2014 and we are not accepting orders at this time.

You are welcome to check back the latter part of this year to see if there are any changes in our supply situation.

Please keep me posted to any questions"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads