1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

7.5 for sure first number is always uk sizing. Being a tweener myself I sympathize my galways on the 82 are a 9 US E but I opted for the full leather insole. I ordered my Zugs at the 8.5e US figuring it is a more generous last. I tried on a pair of chelseas at 8.5 US E at leffot and experienced no problems.

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

A 8/8.5 E82 should fit you but there is a chance the 82 in E fitting will be too snug. Many consider the 82 to be EG's most snug last. BB online sizing for EGs is not properly explained on the site. They use US length and UK width. So a 8.5E as listed on the site is a UK 8E.

3. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Catching up -- the rosewood Dovers are awesome but convince me I prefer the 606 to the 202.

To those who get Skoak's rosewood Galway, please share how you size the 64 last.

@rydenfan --sorry but not at all surprised that BB botched the size.

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You are scaring me, Ryden.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I was going to PM you about it but it felt unnecessary at 11pm on a Saturday night

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Ummmm...of course it's necessary!!!

I feel better knowing that you got the wrong size! You don't think 1/2 size will make enough of a difference? I don't imagine wearing the same socks as I do with my Aldens with the Galways. What sock were you trying those with?

7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

The boot looks great fwiw ryden. Live and learn the zugs will be fine believe me.

8. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Need your help.

If I am normally Edward Green size 9.5/10 in Chelsea Oxfords.. Do you think I would be OK with the size 9/9.5 when it comes to a Galway on 64 last? I read somewhere here that their boots runs/feel a bit large compared to their shoes ..

I am not in a position to try them on first.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  9. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ wouldn't work for me but ymmv

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

My go-to guy for all my fit questions wears the same size in all of EG's lasts. Shoes, boots, etc... I haven't been steered wrong as of yet, but everyone's feet are different. He may chime in here, soon. I imagine you'd be the same size.

11. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Thank You guys .. I won't gamble than as seller doesn't accept returns and considering it's a boot I would be better to miss with a half size larger than smaller considering they are boots and that I could always wear a thicker sock in winter and fill the gap.

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Still thinking about a Rosewood Galway with no shearling, buda? Me too...

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I think Rosewood CC looks fabulous. I probably would have gone for this had the Zugs not became available.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yea...they will be my next Galway. Something I can wear daily in the fall/winter. A go-to boot.

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great choice.

With the Zugs I'll have 3 pairs of Galways.

I'm just not sure whether this last pair will be my last pair of Galways or not.

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I plan to have "Passed on Zug Galways" written on my tombstone. What an idiot. Oh well.

17. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

"Not sure." That sounds like there will be more Galways to come.

18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Oh, it's definitely possible.

The fact that it's such a great looking boot and you can get it in so many different combinations certainly keeps that door open.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am not sure that 1/2 size would be enough of a difference. They were quite tight. I was wearing a medium weight dress sock (J Crew sock) there were not especially thick. I think that going up 1/2 size would certainly help but I am wondering if I also need to go out 1 width or possibly go up a full size and wear a thicker sock.

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Damn. Sorry the experience has caused more confusion. If you were past the widest part of the shoe, I imagine they would feel quite tight as the toebox seems to taper quite quickly. Do you feel you were more than 1/2 size past the widest part of the shoe?