• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the Alderley boots a lot but just find them a bit dainty for a country boot, the Galway on the 64 last is the mother of all boots IMHO.
Nothing against the Alderly but this is why I have one Galway and two others on the way. Two on the 82 Last, but the third on the 64 Last.

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of these EG Claydon's in Hawthorne Suede.... I love the color of the suede, it has a redder look to than the tobacco suede... They're almost too nice to wear!

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoosicPa-

Nice pickup. Is Hawthorne suede a relatively new color?
Hit them with a bit of Saphir Invulner, and subsequent cleaning will be a breeze. Cheers.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of these EG Claydon's in Hawthorne Suede.... I love the color of the suede, it has a redder look to than the tobacco suede... They're almost too nice to wear!

Boy, that's some great looking suede.

Congrats, wear them in good health.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with Galways lined in shearling comment on where it's located? Is it in the shaft or the vamp (covering the foot and toes)?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoosicPa, those Claydon's are spectacular. Where'd you pick them up?

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MoosicPa, you take a great picture and those are beauties!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Adderley is a city boot and trying to country it up would be doing it a disservice!

Thank you for the insight, hence I said IMHO I find them a bit, as CTBrummie would have said pnotcified! LOL. Nothing against the Auderley beautiful boots you are right, I think it would just needs to be beefed up a bit like the Islay from C&J if it were a true country boot.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful shoes, congratulation, now this is the shoe I would love to wear in the city on a nice warm evening with a lovely linen suit! enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you for the insight, hence I said IMHO I find them a bit, as CTBrummie would have said pnotcified! LOL. Nothing against the Auderley beautiful boots you are right, I think it would just needs to be beefed up a bit like the Islay from C&J if it were a true country boot.

In my book, a full brogue boot will always be a country style boot, although I agree I would not wear an Alderley while say hunting or fishing, but I would definitely wear a Galway for such purposes.

Wow, never seen that model before to be honest, did not know EG did a Franken Stitch. Very cool!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my book, a full brogue boot will always be a country style boot, although I agree I would not wear an Alderley while say hunting or fishing, but I would definitely wear a Galway for such purposes.

Thank you Leaves, I thought this may be the consensus but I could have been mistaken!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a new one on me, too.  Very nice! This colour of suede is something I really want to add to my rotation.

Humm! Inspired by the post and shoes by --- MoosicPa ---- I am thinking of a pair of Westminster in Hawthorne Suede on the 888 or 202 last with rubber sole! The rubber sole may give the shoe a bit more of a casual look.

I may pay a visit to the shop on Saturday to enquire!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads