1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. luc13

luc13 Senior member

So i pull the trigger for a Galway on 888 Last in Burgundy antic and i have the luck not for the TD price. Pictures in September

There is a nother shoe on the 888 on stock. A Black Chelsea but i am not sure because i have alredy 4 pairs of Black EG. What would you do?

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

It would be nice to see the Shannon on the 888. Both lasts work well for me but an 888 bal boot would be a nice change.

3. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

I've been searching for a black Chelsea on 888 - where is this in stock and what size(s)?

4. luc13

luc13 Senior member

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Even with a beautiful burgundy shoes would not be bad, right? I love that color of the shoes ... then a sock with burgundy for me is the ultimate sophistication.

1 person likes this.
  6. Amar ezzahi

Amar ezzahi Senior member

I clearly fancy brown shoes with burgundy socks. As for burgundy shoes, they are my favorites (EG Inverness & Lobb Marshall)

7. andermt

andermt Well-Known Member

Dropped into the Edward Green Factory store this afternoon.

I have to say I was very impressed by the selection available as well as the customer service, very friendly people, couldn't do enough to help and the 'store' had a nice selection of shoes available.

I went there primarily to find a Double Monk, the Westminster, in particular, and to my surprise they had exactly what I was looking for and a great fit.

Very happy with my purchase. I had a discussion about Factory sales, and they normally have 2 per year, but are discussing the possibility of an additional one depending on stock.

If you get the chance I'd recommend a visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Junior

Junior Senior member

How much did the pair set you back?

9. andermt

They were £320. Most of the shoes seemed to be around £295 as previously mentioned.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lol bill from sausages is offering me several pairs of seconds for 125% premium on 295 gpb, same shoes I passed on during my visit to the factory store. What a nice guy

3 people like this.
  11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ But he sees no flaws! They are as good as firsts!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. laufer

laufer Senior member

You know I noticed that too. The prices are kind of high. If you are spending that much money why not spend an extra couple of hundred $ to get exactly what you want. Skoaktiebolaget has better prices on brand new shoes.

2 people like this.
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

To EGs credit, they have exceptional quality control, most of the shoes you'd be hard pressed to find the issue. Like pruient said, they leave a note inside the box pointing out the difficiency however I still couldn't locate the problem on the galways. But yeah I don't get the value proposition from buying from sausages. I guess it's just another outlet (no pun intended, prices too high) to purchase EGs at 95-99% quality

14. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Well, that's what I was talking about in a previous pages.

Bill is offering me a EG Oxfords for a 585 GBP. In store they cost 680. So, I asked a question here, is it really worth saving the 95 GBP instead of calling the store and ordering the shoes in color/style you truly want.

Wish we have a forum members here who are willing to proxy us some shoes from the Factory, since they are not doing a phone orders. But no more good Samaritans here.

15. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

go fuck yourself excuse me, im sorry just slipped. youre in europe right? would you buy something from ebay europe and send it to me in the states?

but seriously, get your head out of your ass

17. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

I wouldn't say there are none, but it's a hassle and a zoo, from what I read.

Malford of London did it at cost and I recall a few members getting awesome deals. I regret not jumping on that. I recall there was long lines, probably the recognized resellers there as well.

Times are hard, people got to make a buck. I personally am jealous of not being able to capitalize but such is the nature of the beast.

18. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

@NAMOR Yes, I would- if you had sent me an PM and wrote me what you really want. Try me.

Beside that, I am sorry if you, or anyone else got offended, as a matter of case, I knew a guy from here will be visiting the Factory shop, I have sent him a PM, offered to transfer Paypal payment in advance + 50 EUR for the favor, and he didn't even reply to me.

That's why I wrote that. Though, I realize it was childlish and stupid, as it looked I was talking to all members. No one is obligated to do anything for anyone here, It's just I felt a little let down from a forum member I share the same passion and that he was in a position to help me.

I APOLOGIZE AGAIN.

19. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Excuse me for bringing this up again. But am I the only one in this thread that lives under the impression that good shoe seconds cost closer to 450-500 GBP? I am convinced that people have stated this in this thread several times before. The reason was supposed to be that EG a couple of years ago increased their prices for seconds to try and stop all the eBay seller (or so I've been told).

This is all very confusing...

20. andermt

Nikola, Let me answer your post. I have no idea who you are, similarly you don't know me. As such how do you get to the point I let you down. I never agreed to do anything and where does it say in the forum rules we have to agree to help people half way across Europe at the drop of a hat. Potentially putting myself out of pocket.

What happens if I pick up a pair of shoes for you, they have a fault, I think it's okay, but you don't, then what, you want your money back, I really don't need that hassle at the moment?

I was sorry I hadn't answered you I saw your PM when I was busy at work and it slipped my mind until today when I called the EG store, however with such a poor and aggressive attitude I'm glad I ignored you.

I personally would never ask anyone to proxy anything for me so personally I would never do it for someone else unless it was a real friend not some random on the internet.

You could get a return flight from Germany to the UK for about €100, why not travel to Northampton and buy your own.