• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do like how soft the almond leather feels! Since I primarily work in offices, it would be a nice "casual Firday" for rough MI days.
I haven't requested a quote from EG on shell but I would guess MTO shell would probably be closer to around $1600 if not slightly more? My Galways were 800 GBP (that's with VAT included) and that's calf!

EG's shell make-ups are pretty awesome thought!

As of last year shell boots or shoes were $1600-$1650.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would think we would need to be in the range of six or so to waive make up fees and then we would be around $1,100.00. Some one from Skoat, Unipair or Leffot could give us the details. This is a grail shoe for me. I have a big birthday this year so I will be getting one way or the other if EG will make. For me it would need to be 888 last, HAF sole and Edwardian (preferably antiqued) or a similar color.

I'd be in if they are on the 202 with double leather or HAF soles.....

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any ballpark figure on what the group mto would cost? Lord knows I have enough u-tip EGs around the house but these are a bit more subdued than the Windsor (without all of the broguing), but since I already have pairs in Acorn and Chestnut Antique, I suppose it makes sense to grab a pair in edwardian . . .

I still think your vintage pair are the best looking. Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of the size 9 US......

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The first pair are UK9E for Wildsmith with the original soles on the 201 last. The second is also on the 201 for Nordstrom, but its about a UK9.5-10B, re-soled and stretched by EG with a lighter sole edge and the HAF sole. I'll keep an eye out for a US 9 though . . .

Last edited:

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be in if they are on the 202 with double leather or HAF soles.....

I'm not aesthetically opposed to the 888 - I'm just a bit 888-heavy on my last few EG purchases. I could do the 202 (its not much different from the 201) with perhaps a D width or going down to UK9E instead of 9.5E. The 82 is also intriguing but not sure how that last would work with the u-tip.

What's the typical wait time?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not aesthetically opposed to the 888 - I'm just a bit 888-heavy on my last few EG purchases. I could do the 202 (its not much different from the 201) with perhaps a D width or going down to UK9E instead of 9.5E. The 82 is also intriguing but not sure how that last would work with the u-tip.

What's the typical wait time?

Awful. 9-12 months, and I've heard longer in some sad cases.

I would be cool with the 82 or the 606 as well.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The dover in almond cc on the 606 with Danite soles is on the horizon for sure. Amazing makeup IMO.

Sounds like a nice makeup to me.

I have the almond cc Dover - but it is on the 202 and has a HAF sole. A great casual shoe.

I have two other Dovers on the 606. The 606 is my favorite last for the Dover.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Malvern Chameleon on the 202 E
Oakdale Cloud on the 82 E
Have a great weekend!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awful. 9-12 months, and I've heard longer in some sad cases.

I would be cool with the 82 or the 606 as well.

That's pretty ridiculous but I'm not dismissing it out of hand just yet.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
An Edward Green order takes about six months these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads