1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rc121

rc121 Senior member

do you know if any of BB's EG makeup are on lasts other than the 82 or 888?

2. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Thanks!

I like the Dover, but kind of feel like I should get it on 606, since that's the "quintessential" model.

3. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Thanks sevenfold, tifosi. Sevenfold...you need to spend a day off photographing your collection (or at least one group shot to admire!).

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

There ain't enough megapixels in the world for that.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lol, sounds familiar... fortunately however its hard to notice the smell when stored inside a box. i picked up some of this http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PA...4-Gram/dp/B0002566WY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

if i can remove just 50% of the smell ill be happy. these are outdoor boots afterall so theyd be used in that capacity, mostly

6. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

I was at 346 over the weekend. According to the SA all their EGs are UK E fitting. I was interested in the Inverness (wingtip bal on 888) but was disappointed in the color, which is much lighter than the website pictures. While the toe and heel are a rich deep burgundy, the rest of the shoe has a dusky pink/rose undertone. I was hoping the sample shoe had been discolored from lighting, but the ones the SA brought out looked exactly the same. I didn't look at the staple Chelseas so can't help you there other than to say they had black and brown calf (the brown maybe a feather darker than Allen Edmonds Bourbon) and a very dark brown suede.

There are some discrepancies between the web and 346 (what would BB be without inventory anomalies?) - 346 doesn't have the Leather & Canvas Captoe that's online, but they do have a few different takes on the Brooksville two-tone longwing: dark green suede, dark brown suede like the RL version, and a yellowish/tan pebble.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

The product certainly looks interesting, here's hoping it works for you. Please keep us posted.

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

EG will always have variations as to how they burnish the shoes. Although Madison is the flagship, I agree they do not have all the shoe son display. Unfortunately they do not stock EG in my size, else I would pick them up from there more regularly.

9. wurger

wurger Senior member

I think Leaves' photo of Inverness is quite accurate on his site, and you can always darken the shoe up rather easily.

10. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

OK, yes, this picture from skoaktiebolaget is more accurate than the one on the BB site, which looks like a nearly uniform deep, highly-polished merlot.

[​IMG]

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

In my quest to find the perfect Inverness in burgundy antique from BB, I ordered the shoe 3 times. The first two went back (too pink-ish for me), and I thought I had given up (and did give up for a few months). I tried a third time figuring I had little to lose - and it was the charm. A much more true burgundy throughout that still had very nice burnishing (and very similar in color to my Beaulieu in burgundy antique that came from EG direct).

12. wurger

wurger Senior member

Wow, you are very specific.

13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

If you are looking for merlot perhaps you should consider nightshade. I have designs on a epsom boot in nightshade.

14. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Was the Nevis on the 606 last? How does it fit compared to your other Edward Green shoes? Do you take the same size? Member sevenfoldtieguy mentioned that it was at least a half size larger than the same size in his Dover also on the 606 last.

15. LS7

LS7 Senior member

Yes the Nevis is on the 606 last. Took the same size as my Dover on the 606 and the fit is good.

16. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Shannon Black/Cloud: [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Love those. Saving up for a pair in dark oak and ?

18. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

...and Dark Oak?
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  19. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ A brilliant suggestion and one I may just follow!

20. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Love it. Just shows why conservative is so damn nice.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014