• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

true. it could always be worse. you could be a lions fan and have to agonize over bone-headed plays all season. then again a midnight navy and cloud boot would look half-decent

:brick:

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Foster & Sons orders to the US are getting hit with duties/brokerage fees?

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One pair waiting for me at home after work today, two more coming in Thursday...

My other two pair showed up early today!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My other two pair showed up early today!

Inverness in Dark Oak? Great choice! I take it you were inspired by me and my photos, posted in this thread a couple of months ago?
wink.gif

azumi

Reaction score
Sorry for my question may not relate the thread, but I want to know if an UK citizen bought a shoes at price including VAT in London, then he leaved for a destination outside the EU and brought that shoes with him (new in box), would he received the deduction of VAT before leaving England?

tdude

Reaction score
jreigen: beautiful shoes! I think I know the colors, but just to make sure, would you state them?

Last edited:

Chowkin

Reaction score
Sorry for my question may not relate the thread, but I want to know if an UK citizen bought a shoes at price including VAT in London, then he leaved for a destination outside the EU and brought that shoes with him (new in box), would he received the deduction of VAT before leaving England?

Depends on whether he intends to leave the UK for an extended period of time. According to the HM Revenue & Customs, if you do not live permanently in the UK and you make a purchase in the UK, then you may be able to claim the VAT back

azumi

Reaction score
Depends on whether he intends to leave the UK for an extended period of time. According to the HM Revenue & Customs, if you do not live permanently in the UK and you make a purchase in the UK, then you may be able to claim the VAT back
His nationality is United Kingdom but now he's living and working in Vietnam. He'll return to the UK for a short time (just about a month) and then come back to Vietnam for a year.

I intend to ask him to do me a favor by purchasing some shoes in the UK (then bring them back to VN) and reclaim the VAT but we are not sure if he can claim it back because of his nationality.

Could you give any suggestion about this case?

Thank you.

Chowkin

Reaction score

His nationality is United Kingdom but now he's living and working in Vietnam. He'll return to the UK for a short time (just about a month) and then come back to Vietnam for a year.

I intend to ask him to do me a favor by purchasing some shoes in the UK (then bring them back to VN) and reclaim the VAT but we are not sure if he can claim it back because of his nationality. 

Could you give any suggestion about this case?

Thank you.

Nationality is not a problem. A friend of mine who is a UK national went back to the UK this summer and he had no problem claiming back the VAT on his purchases upon leaving the UK.

azumi

Reaction score
Nationality is not a problem. A friend of mine who is a UK national went back to the UK this summer and he had no problem claiming back the VAT on his purchases upon leaving the UK.
Thank you Sir, maybe one more question, if he places an order online to receive shoes in the UK, how could he claim back VAT? Will the VAT invoice included in the parcel shipped to his house?

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you Sir, maybe one more question, if he places an order online to receive shoes in the UK, how could he claim back VAT? Will the VAT invoice included in the parcel shipped to his house?

OFF TOPIC: The "tax free shopping" system in Europe is managed by independent companies like Global Blue. How it works is that you pay the full price in the store and then you have to file a form with Global Blue when exiting the country in order to get VAT back. Global Blue takes a cut of the VAT deduction, that's how it works. So if the VAT is 20% (like in the UK) then you'd be refunded something like 15%. Tax Free Shopping only applies to goods that are bought at affiliated stores and exported in your luggage, not Internet sales. Here is some more info: http://www.globalblue.com/customer-services/tax-free-shopping/tax-free-shopping-faqs/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads