1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Yes! But excuse me for asking (I seem to be the only one here that does this kind of thinking), but how much would a make-up like that cost? Ball-park figure?

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm gonna guess and say Galway x 1.25.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

No VAT would be a real help in this scenario to help offset some of the cost

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ I knew you'd be here! Surprised it took so long!

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I would be very interested. :nodding:

6. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'll e-mail Edward Green first thing in the morning. What I'm thinking is this: why have we not seen this make-up before? It's impossible no one has thought of this before. Is there a technical issue in production with the Galway in crup? Will EG just not make it for some reason? I'll get to the bottom of this, fear not!

Ball-park if it's possible: 9840 SEK ex VAT (about $1515 USD).

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Leaves, please ask about the possibility of grained cordovan!

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Thanks.

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Fabulous

This would be just perfect for the shaft.

10. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My thoughts exactly.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

omnipresent

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I always figured you could smell a cordovan boot discussion.

13. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Dare I ask why so many prefer a two tone/contrast Galway? In all seriousness, I am genuinely curious about why so many prefer this to a single material?
    The Galway makeup has been popular for ages, but this contrast desire seems so fashionable recently. Would someone care to explain? Thank you.

I agree a cordovan Galway could be very cool in any iteration, particularly if not in some outlandish color. Cheers.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

For me, I fell in love with the dark oak/walnut country calf makeup. That was the only I'd seen it. So when I think Galway, I see that style makeup. I have seen makeups in all one material and I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

15. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

I completely agree: stick to simple choices for classic shoes - will make them last even longer imo.

I'm probably in but only if it will be single tone.

16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I think contrast when I think Galway - it seems by far and away the prevalent choice for that boot, and it looks awesome that way. Consider dddrees' recent acquisition - wouldn't be as sharp in all medium blue or all midnight blue. Plenty of choice in predominantly monotone derby boots from EG - Alderly and Nevis, for example.

Not saying a monotone Galway would necessarily be a bad thing. I actually like the idea of one colour shell, but grain on the shaft for a sublte contrast in texture.

17. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Although I have one in the works that is all one leather, this is more of a true gentleman country boot. It's a Veldtschoen in Rosewood Country Calf. However the other two I have are in two different leathers. For me the stitching on the side of the shaft is a perfect place to use two different types of leather or material. The two different colors and or textures just adds more character to an already great looking boot.

18. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

For the record, I was not saying I dislike the two tone/contrast Galways; some of them look quite smart. However, my favorite Galway makeups tend to be a single material and tone.

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

@dddrees I really dig that rosewood country calf makeup. If I was in the market for a $1000+ pair of boots to beat up on I definitely would have participated in that.

20. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I'd been thinking about getting a pair of Galways in the tougher wearing configuration for a bit. Thank goodness Skoak came along with this makeup, that's all it took to make me pull the trigger.