• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stgrim

Reaction score
Dear Sirs,

I need some sizing help on Edward Green shoes on the 888-last.
I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.
What do you think I should size for in the 888-last?

Thank you.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Sirs,

I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.

Thank you.

I am US9.5D in C&J for Peal 341 last.
For EG's 888, I have both UK9E and UK9.5D.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Sirs,

I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.

Thank you.

I would say a UK 8 E but to be sure it is always better to try the shoe on first and make sure what feels best for you.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Sirs,

Thank you.

I'd guess 8.5/9 E888.

stgrim

Reaction score
I am seriously considering the black austerity brogue by EG for Fosters & Sons on their affiliate thread..
But I have no idea what I would wear black brogues with.. What you would pair them with? My guess is a Navy/Midnight Blue ensemble, that's not very versatile in general..

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stgrim- Pick up the austerity brogues, if you think you will wear them every so often. Edward Green's austerity brogue (Beaulieu) is flattering and understated; it's the most elegant version of an austerity brogue I have seen. I would suggest wearing them as you would a black plain or cap-toe. The absence of ornamental brogueing makes them quite versatile for a black shoe.

stgrim

Reaction score
stgrim- Pick up the austerity brogues, if you think you will wear them every so often. Edward Green's austerity brogue (Beaulieu) is flattering and understated; it's the most elegant version of an austerity brogue I have seen. I would suggest wearing them as you would a black plain or cap-toe. The absence of ornamental brogueing makes them quite versatile for a black shoe.
Fosters & Son refers to the austerity brogues as "The Regent" and not the Beaulieu. Would they be one and the same and the use of "The Regent" as a rebranding on Fosters & Sons part?
I have dropped a PM to them with the same question.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Foster & Son have merely changed the name in a "rebranding" effort. It is probably the same as Brooks Brothers calling their version of EG's Dover the "Algonquin".

The key feature of "Regent" is that it's made on the 888 last.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I pretty much agree with all of that. There are one or two others that I like as well, but none I like better.

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am seriously considering the black austerity brogue by EG for Fosters & Sons on their affiliate thread..
But I have no idea what I would wear black brogues with.. What you would pair them with? My guess is a Navy/Midnight Blue ensemble, that's not very versatile in general..

You won't go wrong pairing black with nearly everything excepting browns.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newbury - 606two of three (Galways appear temporarily MIA).....

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sometimes you need a little color. Let me know if you have any questions.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometimes you need a little color. Let me know if you have any questions.
Great collection! I really have to say EG's burgundy is a thing of beauty! Same Shannon this week. I meant to wear my blue ones but I was in a rush and grabbed the wrong pair:
10424723606_9835b94a3f.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads