• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
^^ Wow, for some reason, the bamford still has its charms, even though the muppets at EG refused to make one for me.

Did you get these a while ago or recently?

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received an e-mail regarding an "Exceptional Factory Sale" at the Northampton EG premises on Saturday 12th October, 8:30am - 2pm.

Anyone else get this?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received an e-mail regarding an "Exceptional Factory Sale" at the Northampton EG premises on Saturday 12th October, 8:30am - 2pm.

Anyone else get this?

Is this something they have done in the past - and if so can anyone comment on how exceptional previous sales have been? I certainly wish I could be there.

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this something they have done in the past - and if so can anyone comment on how exceptional previous sales have been?  I certainly wish I could be there.

Yes there was a similar sale in March. Prices were as follows:

Standard shoes £460
Dover £525
Boots (Galway, Shannon) £545
Nevis £610

(minus 20% across the board)

There was a very good selection. I picked up four pairs for myself and had a proxy list for some other forum members who I know. Ideally I'd have found some for those guys as I would have saved a lot of my own money, but alas the better selection was in 9.5/10 UK rather than smaller sizes.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aha, we're playing Oundle.

really nice!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RogerP: Thanks for the info LS7. If you or anyone else is willing to proxy this time around, please let me know.

+1

Please let me know as well. Thanks.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not calling into question your experience. And there is no doubt many in the US carry many EG "D" widths.

I have corresponded directly with EG about precisely this issue. They do not label their shoes any differently for the US market. So an EG "D" in the US is the same as an EG "D" in the UK. An EG "E" in the US is the same as an EG "E" in the UK.

There's 1/16" difference in width between an E and a D - if you need a slightly snugger fit, but not a narrow -then the D is the way to go. If the E fits, wear it. See? :nodding:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fantastic. I'm wearing my e width Galway and this pair feels a little loose compared to my d width Oundles

Quantimil

Reaction score
Yes there was a similar sale in March. Prices were as follows:

Standard shoes £460
Dover £525
Boots (Galway, Shannon) £545
Nevis £610

(minus 20% across the board)

There was a very good selection. I picked up four pairs for myself and had a proxy list for some other forum members who I know. Ideally I'd have found some for those guys as I would have saved a lot of my own money, but alas the better selection was in 9.5/10 UK rather than smaller sizes.

I wonder what the selection is in 8E...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys have skinny feet. I am between an F and a G in Edward Green. I went with G for my first order.

None of the English shoemakers (outside of Church's and maybe Alfred Sargent) seem to stock F widths regularly...

Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our galways are an F width.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else get this?

Yes, I did get it but I am dreading there may not be a long mile queue outside the door! Anyone else going from London and want a lift in the car just send me an e-mail.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7

Anyone else get this?

Hmm, this is very interesting stuff indeed. I am guessing that sale stock will be entirely subs? Can anyone get a price confirmation for this event?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads