• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dark Oak Antique Asquiths, anyone?

Are you selling?
lurker[1].gif

ap10046

Reaction score
Apologies, gents.
11.5/12
Dark Oak Antique
Box
Bags
Polishing Mat
EG leaflet
Oh and did I mention Brand New.

Not my pictures, poached from the seller. Haven't taken them out of the box since they arrived.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How the hell did you manage to get the seller to ship those to you? Seller from NY right?

Why not just keep?

ap10046

Reaction score

How the hell did you manage to get the seller to ship those to you? Seller from NY right?

Why not just keep?

YOU of all people should know me better than that!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.
I'm quite...persistent!

I need boots! Or money....:embar:

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Gents,

Hope you can help.

What would be my size in the 82 E if i'm a size 11.5D UK in the 888 and a 11E in the 202?

Thanks.

I would go with 11.5 as I am a size 8 in the 202 last but have 8.5 in the 888 and 82. Hope this helps but it is always better to try the shoes on to decide exactly.

styledamage

Reaction score
I would go with 11.5 as I am a size 8 in the 202 last but have 8.5 in the 888 and 82. Hope this helps but it is always better to try the shoes on to decide exactly.

Are yours 888 in a D width?

I've already bought the Galways in 11.5E and I'm thinking they might be too big.

Last edited:

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are your 888 in a D width?

I've already bought the Galways in 11.5E and I'm thinking they might be too big. 

Here in the UK I have mostly seen E and F width, sorry but I am not familiar with any D width shoes. If the shoes are slightly big you can use an insole but you will feel very uncomfortable if they are too tight.

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are your 888 in a D width?

Here in the UK I have mostly seen E and F width, sorry but I am not familiar with any D width shoes. If the shoes are slightly big you can use an insole but you will feel very uncomfortable if they are too tight.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not this again. I'd do a search through this thread. The width topic has been done to death. According to EG, a "D" is not narrow, "C" is narrow.

Never truly understood this myself, but this is what EG say...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads