1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. puffy

puffy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an EG catalogue of all shoes on offer? Their website is crap. Built in Flash too, yikes.

2. VegTan

VegTan Senior member

3. luc13

luc13 Senior member

This Tri-Colors are outstanding

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Please share if you get an answer - the suede chukkas are very appealing.

5. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

Don't have experience with this vendor, but all european shops taking off the VAT when shipping abroad, the % varies from country to country.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  6. luc13

luc13 Senior member

Walcot, Canterbury and the Grail of Oxfords the Gladstone! I Love the side line.

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

+1111 keep us posted.

8. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

They ship to the US, but don't take off VAT automatically. They referred me to http://www.globalblue.com who they said they work with. I've only had experience with this Global Blue when purchasing in person in the EU and then redeeming at the airport. Not sure how this works with an internet purchase and they didn't seem to want to volunteer the info. I got a very quick response. I was on the fence on a couple pairs, but have decided to pass so I didn't ask any further about the VAT.

9. ruscal

ruscal Active Member

i just ordered this boot also in the 606 last

only differences are i ordered all black calf.

so sort of like a black 606 version of this:
    [​IMG]

or a single type of black leather 606 version of this:
    [​IMG]

plus i'm a 7F. you look more like a 10 or 11E perhaps?

the staff at EG were very helpful. i want the dainite sole, but to look as minimal as possible, so requested the most minimal welt, and also to exclude the middle part of the sole in its construction.

was looking for a boot that i could go to war in, come home and get married in, and eventually be buried in. hoping the galway will do the trick.

10. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

As discussed before, I can now confirm that the 6 pairs in a GMTO can be of different widths. I asked Chris (store manager of the Jermny Strees store) at Pitti and he verified this. All other specs must be the same though.

11. steveabdn

steveabdn Senior member

The olive green MTO seems to have died a death, I'd like to resurrect this MTO and I'm happy to drum up interest in it as they really are gorgeous boots

[​IMG]

Picture stolen from earlier in the thread. I'd be looking to put down my own deposit next month so if this timescale / makeup is of interest to anyone please let me know.

12. S K M

S K M Senior member

Cool. Did you ask if they do boots in zug grain/heather gorse and full shearling lining as MTO or Top Drawer?

Cheers,
    SKM

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Thanks for the follow-up. I'd be disinclined to go through a third party for a VAT refund. Particularly when so many vendors simply deduct it at the outset for exported shoes. Appreciate the info all the same.

14. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Well done sir, please do share some pictures with us when the boots arrive, I am sure you will love them. One Galway boot will not do, you need two or three! You wrote a boot that i could go to war in ----- I would have chosen the 64 last! come home and get married in- ------it would be the 82 last! and eventually be buried in.----------- Nothing! LOL, I came with nothing and do not wish to go with anything.

15. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

How about posting a link???? Please

16. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

17. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

18. puffy

puffy Well-Known Member

Anyone been to the Jermyn St store in London? Thoughts on customer service?

19. ruscal

ruscal Active Member

i was in there twice in the last week. they were very nice to me. especially fond of the girl with the neck tattoo [​IMG]

did you not have a nice experience?

while i was there i tried a couple of shoes on that were in their sale. weirdly they were both called "Cheltenham" but i can't find this shoe anywhere on the web. looks like a Chelsea but the side section runs more like a Gladstone... pics below for reference.

the colours were lovely - Cloud/Burgundy/Lavagna Suede & Black/Slate/Lavagna Suede

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. puffy

puffy Well-Known Member

Very nice, I like the two tone.

No - awful experience.

'Helped' by a ginger boy. Sadly I had to approach him as all the others were busy and by doing so I knew I had a dud on my hands. He acted like I had ruined his day.

Benchmark of the usual rubbish service that defines most London High St shops.

Mind you he was confined to the sales back room. I can appreciate this would piss anyone off, especially in January, but his sour disposition affected the entire experience to the point the shoes felt and looked like shit on my feet.

I then realised that the UK's recovery must be so well underway and at such great speed that EG didn't need my money and happy to provide the level of service experienced at Burger King on Piccadilly Circus back in the day.

I went to Lobb's a few doors down.

As always a very nice and welcoming experience - a joy to spend my hard earned money here.

At Lobb's I went for the suede Chelmsford and black Hutton.

Also snapped up a pair of blue C&J Hartford. Lovely service here also, and the store was rammed. C&J must be the brand of choice for the Swedes. I counted >6 in total.

Only issue with these boots is I now have that stupid blue suede shoes song in my head.

I shall post better pictures when daylight returns in ~3 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]